Our vision: To build a best in class customer experience while blending specialized operational disciplines.
The OCI Technical Operations team is searching for an accomplished and passionate Instructional Designer who enjoys using their adult education skills as a trainer or curriculum developer to build training solutions that support Oracle’s key strategic Cloud initiatives. If you like working in a dynamic environment, take pride in improving the customer experience, and enjoy creating learning solutions that move the needle in terms of business results please apply to join our OCI Technical Operations team!
This individual will play a lead role in assessing, designing, developing, and measuring a wide variety of learning solutions for OCI internal employees. Solutions may include eLearning, synchronous and asynchronous events, coaching / mentoring programs, video and audio production, and in-person training sessions.
To be successful in this role, the individual will need to build respect and excellent working relationships with multiple teams within Oracle and lead others to do the same. All aspects of the work should be well-structured, organized, and conducted utilizing industry best practices.
The individual must possess a strong instructional and design background, demonstrate experience in leading training solutions, and be skilled in communications with project teams and project status updates. You will succeed through ambiguity and effectively manage competing priorities. As a Senior Curriculum Developer, you will need to understand the operational knowledge and performance challenges of OCI’s service team employees and develop solutions that enable them to bring new hires up to speed faster, develop effective managers and support the DevOps culture we strive to develop.
Maturity, high judgment, presentation skills, ability to influence and remove roadblocks, strongly analytical, and leadership skills are essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Own, design, and develop several learning solution projects simultaneously.
- Continuously grow your understanding of the organizational learning needs and recommend effective solutions that will improve operational metrics.
- Build strong and successful relationships with core stakeholders
- Share status that is relevant, transparent, and adds value
- Escalate issues and develop mitigation plans
- Think broadly and strategically when solving problems
- Proactively identify challenges and solutions.
- Self-starter and comfortable operating at a fast pace with the minimal direction
- Communication skills: A natural collaborator and a team player willing to reach out to lots of new people
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to own and manage multiple learning solution projects simultaneously while dealing with ambiguity
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills leveraging data
- Results-oriented: Focused on driving results, even if it means rolling up your sleeves to get it done.
- Experience leading and contributing to a Learning community
- 4+ years experience adult education experience (as teacher or curriculum developer).
- 7+ years related technical or professional experience.
- Technology and Cloud experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in management, business, computer science, instructional design, or other equivalents
- Instructional Design, Learning Objectives, Assessments
- Rapid e-learning module development (Captivate, Camtasia)
- Storyboard Design
- Leading small project teams including setting deadlines
- Interviewing/working with SMEs
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Develops courseware to support new and existing products, often though not exclusively in conjunction with Product Division.
Coordinate and evaluate development contributions from other courseware development team members. Develop certification questions for use in the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams. Solicit & incorporate feedback from reviews and training events. Deliver training at train-the-trainer and pilot events.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Bachelor*s Degree in Computer Science or Instructional Design. Four years of adult education experience (as teacher or curriculum developer). Seven years of technical or professional experience using Oracle products or related software. Strong SQL and PL/SQL knowledge and experience. Knowledge of XML, Java, and J2EE technologies. Experience with Oracle9i Database administration. Knowledge of Oracle9i Application server.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.