D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open, and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive engagement that make our companies and each of us better. Just as we work to improve our clients’ financial well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
Perform various D.A. Davidson Companies accounting functions and projects to ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial information and regulatory compliance.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a minimum of 3-5 years of relative professional experience. Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
* Strong analytical and decision-making skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to function in an automated accounting environment. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to self-motivate and work effectively within strict time constraints.
* Capable of handling and effectively prioritizing multiple tasks and assignments to meet deadlines.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
* Communicate in a clear and service-oriented manner. Use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
* Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and resolve conflict.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of the Accounting team.
* Participate in the financial month-end close process for the firm to include:
* Collect, analyze, balance, and process data from various reports and sources for posting into the computerized general ledger system. Prepare monthly entries for posting to the general ledger.
* Review and reconcile assigned accounts and post adjustments.
* Analyze and evaluate financial data and prepare statements, supporting schedules, and reports for review by management.
* Perform various accounting functions that lead to the production of the department and firm-level financial statements and reports.
* Maintain a workbook of recurring journal entries.
* Post journal entries for the entire Finance department.
* Track Fixed Income deals and provide support with inputting monthly data. This includes identifying coding for incoming wires, setting up new deal codes, and inputting revenue and expense data.
* Review of invoice coding for Fixed Income expenses.
* Assist with gathering information for and the preparation of reports for internal and external reporting.
* Provide suggestions for and assist with the design, maintenance, and integrity of the general ledger and related systems.
* Identify and provide suggestions for process improvements. Assist with process documentation.
* Reconcile incentive trip expenses and calculate taxable compensation for attendees.
* Reconcile the various bank accounts on a weekly basis. Analyze and evaluate the entries and research and resolve questions and/or problems.
* Reconcile various balance sheet accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis. Resolve any out of balances or outstanding items
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.