Receive, store, issue, and ship material from stockroom and warehouse. Transact records within ERP/E2 and material movement. Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, and other written communication as well as the ability to write professional correspondence.
3. Proven ability to work well under pressure in a business environment while completing tasks in an organized, precise, and accurate manner.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors as well as manage difficult or emotional situations.
5. High Level of competency in Microsoft Office Programs is required. Additional computer skills preferred.
1. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
2. Determines the method of shipment and affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
3. Examines incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet required regulations and specifications and packages items to be shipped in appropriate packaging containers.
4. Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
5. Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
6. Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, or other labeling.
7. Routes items to departments.
8. Maintains the inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
9. Operates a forklift or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
10. Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
11. Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and submits to purchasing items for orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
12. Assist with material inventory in regards to a physical inventory, incoming material, and finished goods movement
13. Maintains 6S principals in the work area.
Generally, the while training is Monday-Friday during the day; however, certain events may require flexibility to ensure no disruption in services is experienced. This will be an evening position once training is completed.
Primarily works indoors in an office/manufacturing plant setting. Occasionally will be required to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms overhead. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Assistance required for anything over 35 lbs. Comfortable working moving up and down a ladder. Must pass forklift certification training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.