The Leadership Development Facilitator is responsible for increasing the quality of leadership behaviors at frontline and mid-level manager levels. This role engages leaders through structured facilitation, ongoing coaching, and contributing to the design and development of highly interactive, learner-focused leadership development programs. The Leadership Development Facilitator supports larger organization strategies including, but not limited to skills-based coaching, individual development plans, employee engagement initiatives, internship training programs, and merger integration support. This role partners with an extended network of leaders within the organization to provide insight into the corporate leadership and in support of succession planning efforts.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports high-level corporate strategies to include: individual development plans, employee engagement initiatives, internship training programs, and merger integration support.
2. Responsible for ensuring succession planning efforts support long term corporate strategies.
3. Facilitates learning programs, meetings, and events to transfer knowledge and prepare managers and leaders within the organization.
4. Implements end to end learning programs, including accompanying communication efforts.
5. Designs and develops learning content that includes the use of media and technology to enhance participant experience and transfer of knowledge and skills.
6. Assesses leadership development needs and provides recommendations for learning interventions.
7. Evaluates the effectiveness of learning interventions, including Reaction, Knowledge, Behavior, and Financial/Results level assessments.
8. Provides tools and techniques for managers to enhance their role effectiveness.
9. Consults to assigned internal customers, understanding current issues and strategic goals, and recommending where leadership development initiatives can positively impact performance in relation to set objectives.
10. Travels to internal customer sites as required to fulfill the duties of the position.
11. Works to improve facilitation methods and skills; finds and incorporates improved facilitation methods.
12. Resolves to learn logistics issues.
13. Leads projects and project personnel on an ad hoc basis as required to include corporate-wide initiatives.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as Adult Education or Instructional Design).
2. 3 – 5 years of experience training groups and individuals on sales and leadership skills.
3. 3 – 5 years of experience using remote technology and virtual learning methods.
4. Thorough understanding of leadership theory and various leadership models.
5. Experience consulting on Leadership Development issues to enhance performance across a function or organization.
6. Experience in coaching leaders on a wide range of relevant topics (e.g. strategic planning, conflict resolution, change mastery, etc.).
7. Prior experience working with a Learning Management System.
8. Creative ability, writing proficiency, and visual graphic design ability.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective and comfortable relationships with employees, supervisors, and senior management.
10. Ability to navigate complex and ambiguous situations while managing competing priorities.
11. Previous experience leading projects in the Leadership Development arena.
12. Able to articulate performance outcomes objectively for trainees and managers.
13. Self-motivated with ability to stay connected to a geographically dispersed team.
14. Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and training content creation applications.
15. Experience in facilitating Challenger Sales methodology preferred.
16. Experience in Salesforce.com preferred.