onX is seeking a Technical Business Analyst with a passion for Business Intelligence. As an onX Technical Business Analyst, you will help the Business Intelligence team build a more effective, efficient, and ultimately more reliable infrastructure to support business-critical decision support at onX. In addition, you will work with internal customers, at all levels of the organization, to identify business objectives and key results and translate those into new and enhanced dashboards used for business management and new customer insights. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic growing company focused on making an impact on the business, and help enable improved business intelligence and decision support. This position will report to the Special Projects Team and Business Intelligence Senior Manager.
Bozeman, MT, Missoula, MT, or Remote from the USA only. Additionally, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas (of any kind) for this position at this time.
- Utilizing working knowledge of multiple data structures and sources to support the design, development, and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, and data collection.
- Translating high-level and detailed business requirements into concrete BI solutions that address all facets of the organizational business intelligence needs.
- Establishing best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, accuracy, and reliability, as well as documentation.
- Building data management tools and processes that alert users to data failures, delays, discrepancies, and changes to schema impacting dashboards.
- Managing the coordination and timing of data refreshes, via APIs, Webhooks, or Rivery’s ETL solution, in BigQuery to optimize dashboard reporting in Tableau.
- Researching, implementing, and managing API and Webhook connections to internal and external systems used in dashboard reporting.
- Implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality.
- Communicating new and innovative ideas and solutions, educating and training team members on new technologies and Business Intelligence trends.
- Developing and owning relationships with internal and partners, working with them to optimize and enhance data integrations.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University in a technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar is required; or in place of a degree, an additional three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience in an analytical role, with demonstrated experience developing metrics, identifying trends, designing dashboards, and reports using enterprise business intelligence tools.
- Advanced experience with SQL, including query creating and optimization, data modeling, data processing, and analytical functions.
- Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions and processes to centralize and standardize data coming from one or more source systems.
- Experience with translating analytical and technical information into a user-friendly format.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude, and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to establish and manage timelines, project priorities, and handle multiple, concurrent projects. Maintain a sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Master's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar is preferred.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Architecture, and Data Governance Frameworks.
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce, Sage Intacct, or Adaptive Insights.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [5%]
- Walking - [5%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - [Up to 5% post-pandemic]
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.