onX is seeking a Senior Accountant with a passion for fast-paced growth and process improvement. The Senior Accountant at onX supervises the accounting team to maintain financial records with the absolute highest level of integrity, bringing with them a passion for accuracy, systems design, and continuous improvement. While serving the current needs of the business, they will always be looking “around the next bend,” planning for the future needs of a high-growth operation. Working with a small and efficient accounting team, they will lead inventive problem solving, grit, and a willingness to “roll up the sleeves” to deliver on the team’s objectives.
The Senior Accountant must have a deep and current knowledge of accounting rules and standards along with impeccable attention to detail. The Senior Accountant also informs and supports the Controller with decision making through detailed and accurate financial reporting, research, and problem-solving. This position will report to the Controller.
Missoula, MT required (post-pandemic)
- Support the Controller with compilation and review of the month-end close process.
- Own the general ledger and all related account reconciliations
- Monitoring accounts receivable and collections
- Monitoring payables and facilitating vendor relationships
- Maintaining revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Identifying, researching, adopting, and documenting relevant accounting standards and rules as needed
- Design, improve and implement internal financial controls to detect and reduce the possibility of errors and fraud as needed
- Enhance and advance the accounting processes and systems that promote accurate and efficient operations across all areas of the company
- Manage the annual financial audit ensuring all information required by auditors is in compliance with GAAP
- Monitor state sales tax nexus and maintain accurate reconciliations or all state sales tax collections and remittances
- Assist the accounting team with professional development and career advancement
- Research ad hoc accounting issues and develop various solutions or alternatives to present to the Controller
- Convey accounting matters of significance to other parts of the company, “translating” accounting practices to individuals who do not have the same specialized understanding of financial matters
- Other ad hoc assignments as assigned by the Controller and/or CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university required
- A minimum of six (6) years of professional accounting and finance experience is required, where three (3) or more years of experience were in full-time public accounting
- Two (2) or more years of experience providing mentorship and thought leadership to teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of and experience with SaaS and ASC 606.
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Collaborative, well organized, and efficient
- Masters in Business Administration preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing teams
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct
- Experience with accounting systems implementations
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [5%]
- Walking - [5%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - Up to 5% post-pandemic
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.