Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant for our national Commerce practice.
At Perficient, you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We are a leading-edge digital consultancy where team members build their careers solving complex and interesting business problems for great brands and clients. Clients love us because we fuse strategy, creative and technology into data-driven solutions – and we bring the full weight of a tech-savvy consulting firm to support our best-of-breed digital consultancy.
Our national Commerce Practice team is comprised of passionate and capable strategists, architects, project managers, business analysts, developers, and infrastructure specialists who specialize in the designing and implementing of industry-leading eCommerce platforms. We deliver on the promise of a unified commerce experience, through strategic discussion aligned to business needs. We use an agnostic approach with a deep portfolio of options to address all levels of digital maturity. We are experts on the leading Commerce and Order Management platforms including HCL Commerce, Magento, Epi-Insite, Znode, InRiver PIM, and IBM Sterling OMS.
We are seeking a Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant to help Perficient deliver a strong value proposition to our clients. This position is critical in nature as it is responsible for making definitive recommendations to our customers as to how they should best establish baselines, key performance indicators, and set strategies and tactics that assist them in delivering their online objectives. This position will ensure targeted clients see the added value nature of their relationship with the company and specifically with the role of the Senior Commerce Consultant as their trusted advisor.
Business-to-Business and Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce, Product Information Management (PIM), Supply Chain, Content Management, Marketplaces, On-Site Search & Mobile Commerce are just a few of the areas of expertise that the Senior Commerce Strategy Consultant will advise on.
- Provides a portfolio view/perspective across the entire Perficient capability set to clients and prospective clients.
- Understands the architecture capabilities and supported Perficient implementations of the platforms. Pull in Practice Leads to help supplement with a deeper understanding of specific capabilities.
- Articulates business impact of decisions and potential directions within client roadmaps developed
- Working with the Delivery teams to identify gaps in skill sets needed to support trends or areas where we are at a competitive disadvantage.
- Engages in sales pursuits (needs to be defined/profiled) especially those where multiple technologies (related or unrelated to commerce) are in play.
- Defining and developing the approach/response to a prospect opportunity
- Coordination with Solution Architects and other cross-functional SME's during the development of the approach.
- Collaborates with the sales team and leads/facilitates discussion to gather appropriate info necessary to guide the prospect toward a recommended approach
- Participation during key milestone reviews of deliverables for approach/strategy/recommendations to assure alignment to client vision
- Contributes to the creation of sales artifacts (SOWs, PGMs, RFPs, etc..) as part of sales pursuits
- Provides estimates for consulting hours within proposals
- Become a Trusted Advisor to the client through knowledge of their business and strategy and align technology to add value
- Participation/Facilitation of strategic engagements, quick starts, and Wedge offerings.
- Participation/Facilitation in Discovery/Envisioning sessions and workshops to ensure the technology solution aligns to defined business goals
- May participate in a strategic oversight capacity within monthly managed services engagements. Can be built into ongoing development contracts for strategic oversight on a monthly basis.
- Provide Product Owner/Voice of customer role to the delivery team. Helps ensure alignment of client objectives to the service delivery approach. Proactively monitors technical delivery to avoid misdirection or client satisfaction issues.
- Lead/facilitate/participate in client quarterly business reviews
- Works with clients in a Trusted Advisor capacity to identify the value proposition of Digital Commerce Deployment, understand the organizational and operational impacts of Digital Commerce, and developes/maintains an ongoing roadmap for Digital Commerce Capabilities aligned to client business objectives.
- Collaborate with Client Executives to provide direction, turning high-level strategies into executable business and technology plans/roadmaps that are delivered across multiple phases both internally and externally.
- Supports clients to help the development and on-going support required defining, building, and maintaining a successful website.
- Correlate current client business practices to platform/product/service capabilities or required features. Translate business requirements and solve business problems through technical solutions (cases, activity diagrams, and functional specifications) and non-technical solutions.
- Act as a point of contact and SME for the technical delivery team during the build and ongoing development phases of the client lifecycle.
- Analyzing the strategy and activities of a Digital Commerce business or channel in order to recommend initiatives that the business or channel should undertake.
- Participating in the creation of Statements of Work and/or proposals for new opportunities
- Collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Ensure requirements have been properly documented to be handed off to the technical team.
Thought Leadership and Marketing Support
- Aligns with industry analysts on a regular basis to represent PRFT's POV on Commerce and associated disciplines.
- Speaks at industry events/host webinars as a recognized expert in the field of Digital Commerce.
- Partners with the Commerce General Manager and Principal to Socialize the message/strategy of the Commerce Practice to other BU's within PRFT.
- Creation of blogs, whitepapers, and other content around SME topics as part of thought leadership and support of Perficient’s marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Marketing, or related fields.
- At least 7+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Solution Architect, or Business Unit Director in an eCommerce or related environment
- Extensive eCommerce consulting experience with demonstrated accomplishments in business strategy, financial/business modeling and analysis, online marketing and merchandising, e-commerce operations, and competitive analysis.
- Genuine passion and excitement regarding eCommerce best practices, trends, and online tools
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate those needs into requirements
- Ability to separate the “most-important” from the “somewhat important” tactics based on customer-specific situations.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a goal-oriented project team
- Ability to communicate with all levels, internally and externally
- Proven capabilities to work within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting or client-facing role
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver functional and technical solutions within constraints of time and budget.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues with great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting, and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution, and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization, and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers, and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.