The responsibility of the GLM & SLM Sales Representative is to build relationships with buyers and administrators in a wide variety of organizations to sell software and services. They contact prospects, pitch and explain products for sale, negotiate the sale price, provide any requested information or answers to questions that a customer might pose regarding the product, and ensure a clean handoff to the implementation team.
- Sell Foundant products and services to prospects.
- Conduct outbound lead follow-up with prospects in your territory.
- Building out territory plans and executing against those plans in specific territory regions.
- Travel to engage with prospects, partners, and key industry influencers (average 2-4 weeks/year)
- Build and maintain accurate records of accounts, forecasts, transactions, activities, and general sales operations in required systems (e.g. Salesforce.com).
- Prepare for and conduct tailored presentations and product demonstrations.
- Help prospects build and communicate a business case internally with their boards and other decision-makers.
- Work closely with sales management and marketing to deliver consistent product and services positioning that aligns with key business objectives.
- Work closely with Sales Development Representatives to ensure the successful transition of high-quality leads.
- Maintain contact with existing clients to obtain customer feedback and identify future business opportunities
- Work with Foundant’s implementation team to define detailed client requirements
- Provide product management with feedback and input to support strategic efforts aimed at continuously improving product development.
- Provide feedback to marketing on sales tools, prospect intelligence, and results from campaigns.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and webinars.
- Be conversant in the specialized domain of foundations and philanthropy.
- 2 years experience of inside sales in a B2B software/SaaS environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with all types of people
- A passion for technology and the ability to speak knowledgeably about data and software
- Exceptional listening and probing skills that allow you to quickly assess needs and fit
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while having the ability to cultivate and maintain current client relationships
- Track record of successfully driving qualified leads to new customers by proactively guiding them through the process while addressing their hurdles and needs
- Experience helping prospects manage complex procurement steps and security reviews
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an appreciation for the importance of disciplined activity management and client follow-up.
- A tenacious spirit - you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and are always looking for new ways to achieve greater levels of success; you don’t fear rejection.
- Strong competitive drive and a team player attitude