The Technical Product Specialist/Non-Profit Technical Support Engineer (TSE) occupies a crucial corner of Foundant’s Client Services operations and requires an in-depth understanding of both Foundant’s Non-profit Core product and Fund Accounting principles. The high-level purpose of this role is to serve as the liaison between the different functional areas of the Non-profit Core experience (Support, Product Management, Product Engineering, and Learning & Development (L&D).
This position would also be the primary source of knowledge regarding the Non-profit Core product on the Support team and would need to be available to field questions and assist with more challenging or accounting focused incoming Non-profit Core cases. The Technical Product Specialist/Non-profit Core -TSE would be responsible for educating and training the Support team, helping to define and give insight for new policies, initiatives, and procedures as it relates to the Support team, and effectively prioritizing client requests and Non-profit Core issues. Another key piece of the role is to be available to provide context and guidance to the L&D and Product teams as they develop solutions and documentation for the Non-profit Core product.
- Become the primary point of contact for initial escalation for the Support team regarding all Non-profit Core cases to drive resolution prior to further escalation
- Keep up to date with changes in the Non-profit Core software and communicate those as needed to the Support team
- Assist in training new and existing members of the Support team in Non-profit Core.
- Work with the L&D team to fine-tune and develop knowledge base documentation where gaps are identified
- Work with the Product teams as the Non-profit Core escalation lead to ensure that escalated issues are handled with the appropriate prioritization and communication, filling in details and providing feedback as needed so escalations can be processed and resolved timely
- The Non-Profit Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for clearly conveying Support team challenges and insights via the appropriate channels to the Support Delivery Manager, the Product teams
- As needed, assist in scoping new product features from a Non-profit Core perspective
- Manage at least one implementation at a time to keep on top of industry trends, client usage of the software, and general knowledge of the implementation process
- Work with and be a conduit to the Non-Profit Client Success Managers (CSMs) and other full-time staff to implement changes and best practices in the Support team
- Undergraduate Finance or Accounting degree preferred.
- Professional bookkeeping and/or accounting experience.
- Technical Support Experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofit fund accounting and/or Community Foundation accounting
- Experience in training and or teaching in an online setting and guiding clients through accounting processes.
- Keen attention to detail for accuracy to deliver on internal and external customer requirements with a time-sensitive approach.
- Exceptional customer satisfaction driven approach.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs.
- Ability to identify and adjust training to different learning styles of clients.
- Patience, empathy, and integrity approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and the client’s success in mind.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges that must be tackled for them to grow their usage with the product to successfully satisfy business needs.
- Excellent time management skills to handle multiple, concurrent tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter, who is able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to engage and interact with internal teams to resolve client issues.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and contribute.
- Familiarity with distance learning tools such as Zoom, WalkMe or other LMS type software.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, especially Salesforce.