Morrison-Maierle has exciting opportunities in our expanding Industrial operations for Electrical
Transmission and Distribution Design professionals.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned company offering professional opportunities and lifelong benefits - it is a place you can build a career. We prize candidates who live our core values of integrity, commitment, respect, and excellence. The person in this position will help us to deliver on our core purpose: creating solutions that build better communities. If you want to apply your skills, learn and grow in a collegial environment, and tackle challenging project work we want to hear from you.
As a regional firm anchored in the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employees and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms.”
We are looking to expand our Industrial service offerings in the West. This exciting opportunity is for Electrical Engineers who wish to grow a group. You must be motivated to establish our presence with regional electric cooperatives and energy providers in this service area and have enthusiasm for helping to grow the group.
These positions will work innovatively and collaboratively with the firm’s existing Electrical Engineers to design transmission and distribution lines and develop construction drawings for Substation expansion projects.
· Perform routine electrical engineering assignments with instruction from the Project Engineer or Project Manager.
· Experience in distribution planning, modeling, coordination, line design, and line staking.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Design medium voltage projects (less than 34.5kV) with clear, specified objectives and with multiple variables for various clients across the region.
· Work on small projects and assist senior engineers on larger projects.
· Conducting analyses to develop design options.
· Performing system modeling, coordination studies, and overhead line design calculations.
· Assisting with preparing cost estimates or specifications.
· Perform routine engineering and design tasks.
· Participate in field reviews or construction observation.
· Coordinate work of the electrical design team on large institutional/industrial projects through the schematic design development and construction document phases of a project.
· Establish meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
· Coordinate workload to complete the project on schedule.
· Conduct work sessions at the project site in conjunction with the Project Manager and other disciplines.
· Review electrical documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
· Write/edit electrical specifications and select equipment, electrical systems and devices
· Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs, and change orders, and take responsibility to incorporate agreed-upon changes into the project documents.
· Provide construction contract administration as needed.
· Conduct QA/QC on the work of other Electrical Engineers, Electrical Coordinators, or Technicians.
· Perform other duties as needed.
Engineers: Minimum 8 years of experience in the above responsibilities as well as working under the direction of the Project Manager and Phase Managers in the execution of project-related duties; PE license is preferred.
Engineers: Minimum 13 years of experience in the Electrical Transmission and Distribution Engineering industry and above responsibilities as well as manage budgets, schedules and deliverables; undertake the technical work associated with engineering design; lead business development pursuits; lead, manage and mentor junior engineers; project management, client service, and team leadership skills are fundamental to the firm’s daily environment; PE license is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Skills and Experience
• Milsoft Windmill
• PLS CAD
• Utility Line Design
• Light Table
- Must be a team-oriented individual interested in being fully engaged in their work and making a difference in the communities they serve.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and work hard for overall project success.
- Must have strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record.
Salary : $82,000 - $115,000/year (Depending on experience)
Location: Missoula/Billings, Montana preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans
What's So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle?
As a 100% employee-owned company, you have a significant ability to impact the direction and strategy of the company and your work. This flexibility rewards those who seek positions of responsibility and leadership, and who have a growth mindset. Surrounded by the beauty of the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has offices throughout Montana, Wyoming, and Washington. We strive to give our employees a work-life balance so they can advance their careers in some of the most desirable locations in the country. Morrison-Maierle is a community-minded company that encourages its employees to become involved in organizations with local and personal significance. We follow our Core Values of integrity, respect, commitment, and excellence in everything we do.
Our employee-owners enjoy a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Paid Personal and Holiday Leave, Employee Stock Ownership & 401(k) Retirement Plans, and Incentive Compensation. Health benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account employer contribution, Wellness Incentives, Company Paid Life/AD&D and Long -Term Disability Insurance as well as voluntary, employee-paid benefits such as Short-Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance. In addition, we offer opportunities for professional development including percentage tuition reimbursement and attendance at professional conferences and trade shows.