Our people, philosophy, and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Bank as Montana’s premier financial center for business leaders, agriculture operators, commercial developers, and real estate owners. We are a Montana-born company, built on western values, focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise, and results. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Our workforce is well trained and competent and our work environment encourages productivity, personal growth, and job satisfaction.
Position General Responsibilities:
The teller position is responsible for greeting customers and handling broad-based banking service and customer transactions.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Good interpersonal/team skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- High School diploma or equivalency;
- Ten key proficiency;
- Previous personal/computer experience;
- 1-2 years teller/cash handling experience
- Previous recent experience using ITI Teller Platform
Dimension of Job:
- This position is responsible for extensive customer contact providing broad-based banking products.
- In addition to handling customer transactions, the teller will make recommendations of additional products and referrals to the customers as well as leads to the Bank officers.
- The teller is also responsible for following banking regulations and procedures while maintaining the protection of the Bank‘s assets.
- This position will be required to communicate effectively and respectfully to coworkers and supervisors.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties, and Competencies
- Perform basic paying and receiving functions including cashing checks, handling deposits, savings withdrawals, loan and escrow accounts.
- Balance currency and coin.
- Fill customer change order.
- Balance Cash ins and outs.
- Process mail and night depository.
- Process cash advances.
- Issue Cashier Checks, Visa Travel Money Cards, and Visa gift cards.
- Take the application and redeem US Savings Bonds.
- Buy and Sell Canadian currency.
- Prepare a stop payment request.
- Balance ATM and stocks ATM supplies.
- Balance coin counter.
- Balance in-bank statements as assigned.
- Buy and sell cash internally to and from vault supply.
- Balance vault cash: prepared income and outgoing shipments.
- Complete closing Teller checklist.
- Accurately and efficiently process all transactions/work through assigned SCO image capture machine.
- Ensure that all work processed individually has been captured by SCO through batch balancing to Teller totals
- Follow procedures for balancing of each SCO batch including the correction of errors and immediate resolution for any out of balance batches. The balancing process must be done on every batch, on every machine, and every day with no exceptions.
- Responsible to follow the maintenance schedule for assigned SCO machine.
- Sorting, completing, and delivering mail daily.
- Responsible for proper item storage and the protection of customer information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safeguard assigned cash/currency at all times: adheres to cash limits.
- Adhere to dual control procedure as defined by the policy.
- Balance assigned cash currency as defined by the policy.
- Process offages by end of the next business day.
- Assist with all other areas of securing the Bank’s cash coin and negotiable instruments.
- Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products professionalism in conduct, and diligent work ethic.
- Greet all customers pleasantly and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Handle transactions quickly and professionally.
- Effectively handles customer questions and problems.
- Use effective listening and observing skills to help identify and resolves customer needs.
- Spot sales opportunities and refer business consistently.
- Cross-sell other services whenever the opportunity arises.
- Keep up to date on pricing and products.
- Relay customer comments and or complaints to the Operations Officer immediately.
- Employees are expected to be on time to work to his/her scheduled shift. On-time is defined as clocked in and ready to process a transaction in the teller drawer at the scheduled time.
- This includes but is not limited to any shift Mon.-Fri. 7:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday 8:00am to 12:00pm as per schedule.
- The schedule may be subject to change depending on circumstances that arise.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, and Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands
(The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift
Frequently = 34-66% of shift
Constantly = 67-100% of shift
- Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with the needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Frequently lift or carry up to 25 lbs stand, drive a car, walk or sit, while requiring oral and written communications with customers and transactions with guidance available.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Constantly works with others, around others, and with customers and the public.
- Constantly works indoors, in confined areas, and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing teller machines (of other tellers), conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones, etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects.
- The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Company Functions and Expectations:
- Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner.
- Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual’s position.
- Has the ability to analyze situations and react accordingly.
- Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form.
- Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors.
- Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communication is effective and efficient.
- Establishes priorities, sets goals, and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Organizes overall workflow and working area.
- Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions, and notifies affected personnel.
- Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
- Team Work/Professionalism
- Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met.
- Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed.
- Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner.
- Works well in a group environment and with the supervisor.
- Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
- Customer Service Culture
- Employees will strive for outstanding, professional, and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility.