We are looking for a commercial lender to join our dedicated team at the King Ave office. Top candidates must have the ability to analyze, structure, and convert complex scenarios into good business. Talent for growing and managing new and existing relationships. Our customers expect local decisions, quick responses, and a common-sense approach to banking. Be part of a true community bank.
Our people, philosophy, and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Bank as Montana’s premier financial center for business leaders, agriculture operators, commercial developers, and real estate owners. We are a Montana-born company, built on western values, focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise, and results. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Our workforce is well trained and competent and our work environment encourages productivity, personal growth, and job satisfaction.
Position General Responsibilities:
- Process and approved commercial, agricultural, and some consumer loan requests.
- Inspections and verification of collateral and evaluation of operations through field inspections.
- Development of new business by expanding existing relationships and calling on potential customers.
- Cross-sell bank products.
- Represent the Bank in various community activities.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
Dimension of Job:
- This position will be responsible for analyzing, processing, and servicing existing and future commercial and some consumer loans.
- This professional will work within the community to expand business relationships with existing customers and develop new business referral sources through strong community involvement.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties, and Competencies
Commercial and Agriculture Loan Functions:
Non-Credit Product Functions:
- Cross-selling of other Bank products to existing and prospective customers including Stockman Investment Services, Crop Insurance, credit cards, deferred payment contracts, and other fee income services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands
(The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift
Frequently = 34-66% of shift
Constantly = 67-100% of shift
- Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with the needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Constantly stand, walk, or sit, while requiring oral and written communications with co-workers, customers, and transactions with guidance available.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items), or drive a car.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Constantly works with others, around others, with co-workers in other departments or branches, and with customers and the general public in person and via telephone.
- Constantly works indoors, in confined areas, and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level).
- The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing machines, conversations of others, music, phones, etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects.
- The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Company Functions and Expectations:
- Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner.
- Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual’s position.
- Has the ability to analyze situations and react accordingly.
- Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form.
- Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors.
- Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communication is effective and efficient.
- Establishes priorities, sets goals, and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Organizes overall workflow and working area.
- Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions, and notifies affected personnel.
- Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
- Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met. Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed.
- Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner.
- Works well in a group environment and with a supervisor.
- Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
Customer Service Culture
- Employees will strive for outstanding, professional, and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility.