The Technician Operator is responsible for monitoring engine emissions and performing daily inspections of the DGGS facility. The Technician Operator responds to alarms and takes appropriate corrective actions, performs plant shut-down and start-up procedures, and completes preventative and predictive maintenance.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Receive and respond to electrical and fuel dispatcher's orders and requests
- Operate controls to regulate the load on turbines, emissions, and fuel supply to maintain safe, reliable, and compliant conditions
- Perform shipping and receiving functions including loading, unloading, inventory auditing, and materials handling; issue, receive and maintain inventory
- Perform emergency activities to maintain the power generation and safeguard station equipment
- Report upset conditions or other anomalies in plant status to plant management
- Make entries in the operating log and approve and issue tagouts
- Perform all shift operations, including startup and shutdown of main plant components and auxiliaries
- Conduct routine inspection of plant facilities and equipment; provide status reports
- Comply with all site safety requirements and procedures
- Identify safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary
- Perform lead system representative duties for assigned systems
- Check daily consumption rates of chemicals, gases, fuels, water, and other consumables; monitor inventories and initiate action to replenish when appropriate
- Perform electrical and mechanical inspections, trouble-shooting, and maintenance tasks under the direction of management
- Investigate plant problems, incidents, accidents, and unusual events; provide analyses, recommendations, reports, and appropriate follow-up plans
- Perform routine operational tests and adjustments on all power plant systems and components
- Develop, assist, and revise operations and maintenance related procedures
- Perform and maintain housekeeping standards and duties
- Lift up to 75 pounds from floor level to waist level on a minimal basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment; support corrective maintenance efforts on equipment
- Work 12-hour rotating shift to support 24/7 plant operation
- Work overtime including evenings and weekends in response to acute service needs
- Operate snow plow, forklift and man lift
MARGINAL WORK FUNCTIONS
*These functions may be considered essential based on location, position, and other factors.
- Travel to meetings and training*
- Maintain accuracy of operating logs, records, timesheets, work orders, and other administrative documents related to the power plant*
- Acts as representative and routinely interface with various agencies and vendors, including Transmission Operators, Reliability Coordinators, and Scheduling Coordinators following their documented procedures and guidelines*
- Perform routine cycle chemistry testing and makes the necessary adjustments to optimize efficiency*
- Train new employees*
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation and Controls Technology, Power Plant Technology, Process Plant Technology or related Technical discipline or 4 years of experience in electrical power generation operations, maintenance or related experience
- Preferred Combustion Turbine Generator operations and maintenance experience
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Commitment to safe working practices and knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Successfully complete an Operator Technician Novice Qualification within a probation period of 1 year
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development, and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com
Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at email@example.com.
Human Resources Department Job #3200
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.