At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
This individual is expected to assist in the processing of tax returns, assist in 1099 filing and W2 filing. Skills required include high attention to detail, able to function under deadline pressure, an aptitude with multiple software applications including CCH Axcess, 1099 filings applications, Pro Fx scan, excel, word, GoFile Room.
Must be able to interact with multiple individuals in multiple capacities and demonstrate the ability to accurately and efficiently complete tasks and willing to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and changing processes.
- Develop a specialized knowledge and software proficiency in the tax service line.
- Create, proof, edit, and correct documents, memos, and letters for Partners and associates, ensuring timeliness.
- Coordinate seminars and group presentations, to include handling reservations, travel arrangements, food services, etc. Follow up directly with clients in regard to products and services.
- Provide administrative support to the designated practice groups and/or service lines to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Produce high-quality work in compliance with work processing guidelines and firm standards, including proofreading and report compilations. Follow-up proactively as necessary.
- Develop and demonstrate a general knowledge of the firm’s products and services. Communicate proactively with associates and clients. Prioritize deadlines as necessary.
- Assist in the assembly of reports, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist other administrative staff with overflow work.
- Enter firm expenses.
- Schedule conference rooms and handle hospitality arrangements.
- Train associates on advanced administrative functions and software in the area of their specialty and/or other admin functions.
- Coordinate and delegate workflow for other administrative associates, ensuring an efficient flow.
- Administrative processing of client invoices.
- Backing up Receptionist and Office Assistant duties.
- Specialized knowledge and software proficiency in the tax service line.
- Requires a High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires at least three to five years of relevant experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Requires intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word, and basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with a multi-line telephone system and a variety of office machines, Microsoft Teams a plus
- Experience in a professional services work environment
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Ability to balance many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to use and learn additional software programs and train associates in their use
- Ability to work with a diverse group of clients and associates while maintaining a positive attitude towards work, the team, and the firm
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively operate a variety of office machines, including a PC, telephone, copier, fax, etc.
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling to meet workflow demands
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills and accurate grammar usage
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, as necessary
Wipfli supports Equal Pay for all. In addition, in the State of Montana, we are committed to Equal Pay for Women in accordance with Executive Order 12-2016. The hourly pay range for this role is $14.50-$22.50.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.