What does a Data Engineer do for ATG?
The ATG Data Engineer's primary role is to strategize, implement, solve, and execute data-related solutions to support ATG initiatives on a variety of platforms. Common activities may include, creating data strategies, data migration/conversions, data mapping, and data profiling. The role will interact with the latest enterprise SaaS platforms within the monetization ecosystem. Individuals in the role will leverage their business, analytical, and technical skills to provide expert guidance on data strategies to our customers that are critical in solution implementations.
What are some of the responsibilities of a Data Engineer?
- Participate in discovery sessions with project teams to understand data requirements needed to support solution implementations.
- Work collaboratively with a project and client team in an agile environment to support our cloud initiatives
- Leverage system and process analysis skills to produce data strategies that create a seamless and uninterrupted experience for our clients.
- Collaborate with clients to generate data mapping documents between target and source systems.
- Leverage industry-leading tools to extract, transform, and load data into source systems in an automated fashion to support data migrations.
- Perform data profiling tasks to collect statistics, trends, impacts, and summaries that lead to a structured and successful implementation
- Provide key insights based on data analytics to aid the client in drawing conclusions as to the business value and impact of their data and best approaches for migrating and transforming data to support new system architectures.
- Work with project management to provide regular status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Data Engineer?
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-5 years’ experience in a data-related position that includes the use of a common database tool, ETL products, and interacting with data within relational databases.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a successful Data Engineer?
- Demonstrated knowledge of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) concepts
- In-depth experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming (Java, C++, C#) and/or scripting (Python, Perl, PHP)
- Experience working in cloud transformation projects within CRM, CPQ, and/or Finance systems
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks
- Capability to take on tasks with little direction, and produce high-value deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with technical and non-technical users, other departments, and clients
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment desired
- Organization skills - ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with shifting priorities
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is a privately held professional management and consulting firm founded in 2000 and headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. Our niche service offering centers on customer care and billing/CRM expertise supporting our communications industry (telecom/cable/conferencing) based clients. Additionally, ATG’s management consulting practice focuses on working with our targeted clients from a program delivery perspective in providing business solutions, through strategy, process, and program/project implementation assisting our clients to meet their business-critical program/project initiatives.