Requires in-depth Material Control knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
*This position can be located anywhere in the mainland of the USA*
1. Will review and respond to customer RFQs for MCS solutions in both SEMI and Display markets as well as other similar markets
2. Will prepare and present sales materials to current and potential customers worldwide.
3. Will prepare quotations for license, maintenance, and services to provide material control software to potential customers.
4. Will manage project deployments throughout the world but primarily in the USA and Europe. Including the following activities.
a. Will prepare project plan and coordinates the attainment of project deliverables from planning to implementation. Maintains matrix for process improvements.
b. Will provide all project communications to the customer both by email and face to face.
c. Will drive project deliverables and task details through the use of reports, tracking charts and, checklists.
d. Aligns the activities of resources internal to the business unit to achieve on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project.
e. Monitors, and reports to the business unit on the project's cost performance.
f. Will participate in intra-business unit design teams to complete projects.
g. Will contribute to the team's technical development in the pursuit of the team's project goals.
h. Will research causes to project obstacles and assist in implementing solutions for resolution.
i. Will ensure the quality of systems and features per defined application and specification.
j. Will prepare work plans and documentation for qualification and testing procedures.
k. Will execute qualification and testing procedures.
· Demonstrates conceptual and practical material control and movement expertise
· General understanding of SEMI standards. Will need to understand SEMI standards E82 and E88
· Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite as well as project management tools
· Has knowledge of best practices and how to integrated multiple software solutions
· Is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
· Good business acumen
· Works well with other colleagues with either more or less experience.
· Partners with development engineers during the development process and system design reviews.
· Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
· Excellent problem-solving skils
· Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
· Solid track record in building strong customer relationships
· Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
· Ability to work in a diverse and ever-changing environment
· Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
· Ability to work with others.
· 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience with complex software solutions
· 2+ years of Project Management experience including working onsite with customers
· Knowledge of MCS, Semi Standards, Microsoft Office products, and MS Project
· Strong written and oral skill in both Chinese and English
· Able to travel up to 50% of the time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 Years
Travel: Yes, 50% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.