- Can safely operate a CNC Mill or CNC Lathe performing moderately complex operations in producing prototype parts, production parts, modifications and repairs to existing parts and assemblies, and/or fabricating parts from steels, stainless steels, aluminum, plastics, and other non-metals.
- Supports in-house customers, such as manufacturing, engineering, business units, direct/indirect materials, and facilities. Portrays a customer service approach. Interfaces effectively and courteously with customers.
- Utilizes Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions to determine machining process, procedures, tooling, and fixtures requirements.
- Performs a variety of machining and/or assembly tasks utilizing standard machine shop equipment, such as surface grinders, drill presses, grinders, sanders, band saws, rotary table, and/or standard band and power tools.
- Plans and performs moderately complex machine set-ups. Possesses a basic knowledge of trigonometry, which is required to accurately calculate angles used in set-ups and machining. Makes full use of machine capacity to minimize the amount of machining or number of set-ups required to produce parts competitively.
- Performs machining operations, such as milling, turning, facing, boring, chasing single and multiple external and internal threads, drilling, grooving, reaming, and chamfering. Monitor machines and verify that part dimensions conform to specifications.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications. Uses calipers, micrometers, gauges, indicators, and other inspection tools. Performs rework as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss. Conforms to departmental safety requirements.
- Has developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods to perform a variety of activities
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Impacts the quality of own work
- Uses communication skills to exchange information
Education: Associate's Degree
Years of Experience: 1 - 2 Years
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.