Nothing speaks louder than a happy customer! Oracle celebrates customer successes through the continual promotion of customer stories throughout the Oracle ecosystem. Powering these efforts is the Customer Marketing & Measurement organization that amplifies the customer voice into everything we do. This is enabled through a suite of referencing, advocacy, and awards programs that capture, curate, and promote customer stories and the individuals sharing their successes. These stories support sales, marketing, and development efforts by influencing prospects and analysts, accelerating sales cycles, and enhancing social and brand capital.
We’re looking for a Director, Customer Marketing Operations to lead a dynamic team focused on automating and improving service delivery across the customer story supply chain. The ideal candidate will possess strong expertise in marketing operations, process design, system integration, and team building. This includes best practices in reference management automation and surrounding technologies along with the ability to drive a culture of continuous innovation focused on shared success. The role will facilitate a best-in-class referencing program built on Oracle technology that empowers employees, inspires customers, and accelerates growth.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drive cross-system alignment across Sales, Marketing, Service and Analytics systems to drive improve efficiency and data quality for processes supporting Customer Marketing
- Engage technical leads, global process owners, and stakeholders across lines of businesses and regions to unify systems and processes impacting operational efficiency
- Lead a team of business analysts responsible for requirements definition, process engineering, data analysis, results distribution, and employee enablement
- Define, socialize and maintain over-arching roadmap, architecture and process flows supporting end-to-end Customer Marketing programs
- Serve as the global business owner for Oracle’s central repository of customer stories, including enhancement prioritization, content governance, and stakeholder relations
- Define and track KPIs to demonstrate success and use data to refine strategies to increase efficiency and impact on the business
- Centralize enhancement request prioritization and communication for all References-related requests, aligned to the broader roadmap, to balance investments
- Identify opportunities to utilize AI and ML to predict reference needs and prescribe engagement tactics to increase reference volume in key segments
Skills and Experience
This role supports a broad global stakeholder network and requires skillsets critical to the success of this position:
- Minimum of twelve-plus (12+) years of marketing experience
- Proven ability to generate results through virtual collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Expertise in marketing operations and developing and executing marketing strategies
- Keen awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences and organizational structures
- Superior planning, organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a third-party firm at no charge to the applicant and include Prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check, and motor vehicle records (where required for position). Oracle Supports Workforce Diversity.
With more than 420,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage to database and middleware, through applications.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for driving the customer marketing strategy by defining, building, and executing programs that deliver a steady stream of well-targeted customer reference assets and activities to support awareness, demand generation, and sales as well as connecting them with the right advisory initiatives and inviting and connecting them with the appropriate peer groups.
Management of customer engagement specialists to collaborate with line-of-business in refining and executing a strategy that delivers on programs to support awareness, demand generation, sales, and advocacy of Oracle products and services. Forges relationships with channels that provide reciprocal advocacy opportunities.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Software business management experience. Sales and Marketing experience in the IT industry. E-business + Internet practical know-how. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in Sales or Marketing desirable.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.