At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Enterprise Customer Excellence Group (ECEG) brings together customer-focused functions from across the enterprise to provide a holistic approach to critical points of interaction with Wells Fargo customers. The group, which includes the Enterprise Complaints Management Office, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, and the Net Promoter System, is responsible for understanding the causes of issues that affect customers and providing solutions that ensure customers’ needs are understood and supported. The group is also accountable for ensuring regulators’ expectations are met and that employees have the tools and training necessary for success.
Escalated Complaints Specialist 2
The Escalated Complaints Specialist 2 with the CLOB – CICEO team, will resolve complex and sensitive issues with a high standard of quality customer service. Daily responsibilities involve working with operations and legal business partners across the enterprise to resolve issues; researching direct customer correspondence, inquiries, and complaints; may draft customized written responses to customer complaints and providing research support to the department and the division. Direct interaction with customers by telephone is required to perform the role; however, this is not a call center environment.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Researching then responding to non-regulatory escalated inquiries and complaints from customers received via the complaints portal decision tool
Utilizing strong knowledge of the organization, technology, products, and/or services, resolves matters raised by customers that require research on non-regulatory complaint matters
Duties include communicating with other departments, managers, merchants, or vendors to resolve customer issues
Enacts all necessary correctional transactions (including monetary and non-monetary actions) using appropriate methodologies and parties of contact
Refers matters exceeding levels of authority as appropriate
Contacts customers to advise them of research outcome and expected resolution steps and timing via verbal, written, or electronic correspondence
May receive occasional inbound customer calls resulting from warm transfers from service operations or from customers with whom they’ve communicated directly
Accountable to ensure a response to Customer regarding all researched matters
Supplements portal documentation to ensure that research results and actions taken are clearly documented
Notifies leaders about trending matters and recommends opportunities for improvement
Flexible to work any hours during the department’s hours of operation. Department hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 6:30 am – 6:30 pm. Hours/Days may change due to business needs.
**Job may close sooner due to candidate pool**
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services operations, underwriting, or quality assurance; or 4+ years of customer contact experience in a financial services environment or military experience; or a BA/BS degree or higher
- Experience with Wells Fargo complaints management process
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex customer issues
- Experience managing a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience interacting positively with difficult or irate customers
- Ability to write concisely and clearly
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience utilizing multiple technologies to research and identify information, manage cases and provide documentation in order to support and defend decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and/or exposure to Hogan, CIV, CLAIMS, SVP, OIB, MARS, CCM, AXCIS, and/or ECMP
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning servicemen and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.