If having a rewarding career where you do meaningful work, meet great people, get involved in the community and have fun doing it is what you're after, look no further and keep on reading!
Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. (Jackson) offers superior General Contracting, Construction Management, and Design-Build services. Established in 2000, Jackson has quickly become a regional general contractor employed by local, state, and federal agencies as well as private clients. We provide a highly technical and sophisticated construction management service while operating on a local and personal level.
We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by combining capabilities and know-how found in large construction companies with the responsiveness of a small company. We have the size and resources to tackle a broad range of projects in different market sectors including Education, Commercial, Public/Government, Healthcare/Labs, Civil/Transportation, and Residential. Our expertise covers the full range of construction services allowing us to oversee a project from inception through warranty.
We currently employ over 200 employees across Montana and Washington with offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Miles City, MT, and Walla Walla and Spokane, WA. At Jackson, we are in an exciting time of growth but also take pride in maintaining our culture and values consisting of safety, communication, quality, integrity, and pride, not necessarily in that order. To do that we encourage all of our employees to build relationships through honest, open-minded, and effective communication, pursue learning, growth, and self-improvement, complete everything with pride of ownership and create a positive work-life balance.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Estimator works closely with the project teams and other estimating staff to determine construction costs. The Estimator is responsible for completing quantity take-offs, reaching out to the subcontractor community, obtaining quotes and bids, and working with the project team in preparing and delivering accurate estimates for potential projects.
- Obtain and review quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate personnel
- Prepares cost analysis in a computer by summarizing material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and the overhead cost incurred in the installation of items.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Maintains and improves precision database.
- Develops and maintains cost data, including labor and equipment rates, installation methods, and production rates.
- Assist in developing and maintaining estimating procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handle all interactions with coworkers, subcontractors, clients, the public, etc. in a manner designed to build and maintain long-term relationships.
- Go the extra mile to ensure the project is successful and with complete satisfaction of the client by double checking all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Complete all tasks with pride of ownership.
- Never stop improving by initiating personal development strategies and suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, punctuality, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED
- 5+ years of estimating and commercial construction experience
- Experience in Jackson market sectors (Civil/Transportation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare/Life Sciences, Public/Government, Residential) and self-perform work scopes (Civil, Concrete, Structural Steel, Carpentry, Building Envelope, Openings, Specialties, PEMB).
- Preferred understanding of regional markets, conditions, and competitors.
- Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Procore or other project management software
- PlanSwift, Timberline, or other estimating software
- Bluebeam & Bluebeam Studio
- Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. is a member of the Montana Contractor's Association, providing 100% employer-paid retirement plan and health insurance for employees and their families, short-term disability, and 401k. Benefits also include additional short-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, and much more! To see all benefits offered, please refer to our Careers page.