- Responsible for the delivery of personalized customer service, by holding financial conversations with clients and prospects to determine needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Identify referral opportunities to ensure all of the clients' financial needs are met.
- Responsible for the maintenance of client relationships, with emphasis on First Interstate Bank’s Service Commitments and in accordance with our vision and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Deliver personalized customer service, in person and over the phone, answering client questions, assisting with issues, and offering solutions.
May perform teller duties, including a variety of financial transactions ranging from check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, processing loan payments, and counting currency and coins accurately.
Open and maintain a variety of products including consumer and business checking and savings accounts, IRAs & Certificates of Deposit, consumer credit cards, and much more.
Hold financial conversations with clients and prospects to determine needs and provide appropriate solutions. Identify referral opportunities for Home Loans, Treasury Solutions, and Wealth Management, fully embracing and utilizing 360 View for documenting referrals, and other client activity.
Build client relationships through outbound and proactive measures including the First 15.
Demonstrate timely completion of work while being able to adjust to working demands to meet expected timetables. Delivers complete and accurate work and displays pride and professionalism in work.
Keep up to date on regulation changes and demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations, policies, and procedures for assigned job functions and apply to designated job responsibilities - knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required and two plus (2+) years of banking or comparable experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Attention to detail including verbal and written instructions
- Maintain confidentiality; effective use of tact and diplomacy as it relates to clients and co-workers
- Working knowledge and use of a personal computer, Word/Excel software programs, and strong 10-key skills preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.