The Loan Research Resolution Specialist is responsible for reviewing, performing research, and providing resolution to internal customers’ service-related issues. This position supports the servicing of Consumer, Commercial, and Specialty Lending for First Interstate Bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Ensures that incoming calls and/or requests are answered efficiently, correctly, and pleasantly.
Assists internal First Interstate Bank associates with complex questions related to Loan services as well as questions in support of existing or new customer loans and lines.
Works closely with all sections of the Loan Servicing Team to ensure that all needed SLA’s and requirements are met.
May be required to coordinate with internal departments and units in facilitating the file maintenance process.
Coordinates with all applicable parties in the facilitation and expediting of loan file maintenance changes and monetary transactions.
Performs requested file maintenance changes to loans on the Loan Accounting System.
Reviews file maintenance request processed and validates for accuracy and completeness.
Coordinates efforts with appropriate parties to obtain missing information needed to meet requirements.
Coordinates with all applicable parties in the facilitation and expediting loan boarding issues requiring Lender follow-up.
Performs collateral releases as assigned to Research and Resolution that requires investigation of older items no longer on Core or due to prior institution mergers.
Understands and performs interest calculations using various accrual methods.
Participates in internal and external training to maintain knowledge of Bank products; attend Loan Servicing departmental meetings and keep abreast of all credit policies, procedures, and system changes.
Actively ensures compliance with the Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies, and procedures.
Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
Understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
Recommends improvements and provides input to process improvements, policies, procedures, and technological changes/updates as needed to ensure an effective operating environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year College or University and minimum of two (2) or more years’ experience in a financial institution with a focus on lending preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of loan documents and requirements and knowledge of commercial lending and loans required. The preferred candidate will have knowledge of internal banking systems.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good personal computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, WORD & email required;
- Self-starter and works with minimal direction
- Good verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to appropriately escalate issues requiring problem-solving and decision making.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, peers, or other business partners.
- Ability to effectively present information to the Direct Supervisor/Manager.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk & use hands to type or write. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours of operation may be adjusted from time to time to accommodate business demands.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.