This is a dynamic and challenging position that will serve as the primary contact between the vendor and business unit and will report to various levels of management across multiple divisions of the organization on the status of the systems, including any outstanding issues and successes.
Primary system responsibility includes Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting (EPBCS).
Other Oracle system responsibilities may include Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Enterprise Data Management (EDM), and Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
System Administration for the software:
Research, test, schedule, and deploy upgrades and releases while adhering to documented change management processes and procedures.
Provide tier two help desk assistance to issues escalated from First Support on critical applications. Provide leadership and guidance to System Administrator level I and II team members with escalated issues.
Provide subject matter expertise to assist in the development and delivery of training for end-users.
Create and maintain system documentation including desktop procedures, end-user procedures, system diagrams, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Business Continuity Planning (BCPs), disaster recovery plans, user access audits, and test plans.
Understand in-depth, the business requirements of critical applications while differentiating requirement vs. process. Convert business requirements into system requirements and maintain ongoing communication with the vendor. Assist System Administrator I and II team members with the process of converting business requirements into system requirements as needed.
Establish performance measures, goals, and objectives for the software based on the business requirements.
Gather, interpret and report system performance issues to vendor, business unit(s), and management and document performance trends.
Understand, monitor, and maintain data integrations with source systems at an in-depth level to ensure accurate and timely processing of financial and/or critical data.
Develop, maintain and monitor data validation routines and understand the business impact of data exceptions or delays.
Analyze, evaluate, and recommend system changes, configuration, and enhancements based on business requirements of critical processes and applications.
Independently make decisions based on the mastery knowledge level of supported applications and related business processes.
Lead meetings and deliver presentations to small and large groups of various levels of management across the organization.
Lead medium to large project efforts and independently support project work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and five or more (5+) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years’ experience working with Oracle EPBCS in a banking/financial services environment required.
- Solid understanding of bank finance preferred. Strong understanding of database design and integration required.
- Experience with bank applications and software administration experience required.
- Basic understanding of PowerShell preferred. SQL programming a bonus.
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to remain objective and professional at all times.
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to properly prioritize workload as well as the workload of subordinates and remain adaptable under pressure
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must possess a solid balance of technical and business knowledge.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess skill mastery and aptitude to easily take on new applications outside of the area of expertise.
- Must have the ability to provide oversight and guidance to the System Administration team on applications they support.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints of customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.