Workiva’s Sales Operations team is looking for a Business Operations Architect who will work closely with key stakeholders such as IT, Marketing, Finance, and Accounting, and other Sales Ops functions. This role will be responsible for gathering business requirements, evaluating our current sales tech stack, designing an overall strategy and roadmap, prioritizing our approach, and executing that vision. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of core technical Sales Operation functions to support the Lead-To-Cash process for a subscription-based business.
Business Operations and Systems Strategy
- Own lead-to-cash tech stack strategy and optimization for fast-growing Sales Ops team
- Strategize and prioritize key technical projects to support all aspects of sales operations
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to align stakeholders and document business requirements; then design strategy and work with IT to implement, test, and deploy enhancements
- Drive strategy for best-in-class sales tools, design integrations, and change management processes to ensure scalable and seamless transitions and implementations
- Leverage problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of issues
- Advise on projects that address pain points, scale, and increase efficiency for sales and operations teams
- Lead all initiatives related to the sales tech stack, coordinate gap analysis across internal cross-functional teams, and design operations and systems strategy
- Partner with IT and operational teams on implementation, ongoing governance, evaluation, and support
- Create and implement QA testing framework with high attention to detail and accuracy
Data Analytics and Reporting Strategy
- Design the data analytics strategy and approach behind team metrics and scorecards
- Lead the team in thoughtfully structuring analytics to identify gaps and opportunities
- Drive data cleanliness in sales systems and make data digestible to diverse audiences
- Drive sales system data infrastructure and operational excellence through optimization of data models and tools
- Grow a team of business operations experts within the Sales Ops team to design scalable global operations and lead-to-cash processes
- Provide employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 10+ years of Sales/Revenue/Business Operations, Project Management, sales systems, or related consulting experience with at least 5+ years in a Saas environment
- SFDC Admin Certified; 5+ years of Salesforce analyst experience to advise on best practices
- Large scale project management and business transformation experience (i.e. implementing sales engagement applications, quoting solutions, deal approvals, lead routing, etc.)
- Experience project managing application implementations and supporting the Salesforce platform
- Track record of hiring, mentoring, and scaling high-performing operations teams
- Experience with large data sets, synthesizing insights, and recommending actions from data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence strategy and motivate cross-functional teams
- Salesforce reporting, Salesforce dashboards, and SQL expertise
- Domain expertise in core technical Sales Operations functions and the lead-to-cash process
- Customer-centric mindset and ability to manage business and technology cross-functional relationships
- Incredibly organized, analytical, and quality-minded, but able to direct activities from a macro perspective that aligns with overall organization objectives
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products, and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact every day. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company-wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO, and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspectives, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.