- The Delivery Manager is a servant leader who takes pride in organizing, collaborating, and communicating with internal stakeholders to ensure the success of team objectives and goals. This position is instrumental in keeping the team moving projects forward by using agile and lean principles. While the Delivery Manager has no direct reports, their authority is granted by the team to be the responsible party to remove impediments that may limit progress. The Delivery Manager uses their ability to communicate, coach, and inspire to optimize team performance.
Servant Leader and Team Facilitator: Serves the team by doing anything possible to keep the team performing at its highest level
- Acts as a servant leader by ensuring the team’s highest priorities needs are being served
- Coaches, motivates and encourages the team towards the completion of projects
- Facilitates and maintains agile process and understands the methodology, serving as a subject matter expert on agile processes
- Instills a sense of urgency among team members and the organization to deliver valuable software to the customer
- Anticipates and understands team needs and recognizes potential problems
- Help keep the team organized by assisting in the maintenance of the product backlog
- Facilitates meetings so that they are valuable to team members
- Ensures open communication within the team and from the team, eliciting transparency and cross-team coordination
Impediment Resolution: Recognizes red flags and removes any impediments that teams may encounter to ensure the success of team objectives and goals
- Participates in the product discovery process as a facilitator so impediments can be recognized and removed
- Collaborates with Accounting, Product Development, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and other internal teams to ensure impediments are addressed in an efficient manner
- Escalates issues as necessary to the appropriate parties
Communication to Stakeholders: Takes the initiative to communicate with internal product stakeholders to optimize team performance
- Liaises between technical and non-technical teams to acquire data, understand, facilitate, report, and teach information to all parties involved
- Understands the level of communication needed to support both platform and application teams
- Innovates and challenges processes to improve the team and organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Inspires team members and cross-functional teams to use data for decision-making
- Understands project health and reports project status to management and stakeholders as needed
- Builds relationships outside of team to drive communication and collaboration
What You'll Need
- Ability to practice servant leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal, and listening
- Strong facilitation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence others in an assertive yet positive manner
- The ability to identify areas of risk
- Desire to continuously improve and enhance individual and team knowledge
- Conflict resolution and team management
- Ability to lead others towards self-management
- Attitude of transparency
- At least one year of hands-on leadership on a software development team
- Experience with Agile approaches and techniques
- Proven history of excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant area is preferred
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $92,000 - $129,000
A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
A monthly phone stipend
Restricted Stock Units granted at the time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products, and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact every day. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company-wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO, and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value the diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspectives, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic.