Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is now accepting applications for an experienced Payroll Administrator in beautiful Bozeman, Montana. The Payroll Administrator position within Zoot focuses on preparing, compiling, and processing payroll data and payroll and all associated compliance requirements for Zoot and other related companies. Additionally, the Payroll Administrator will assist with recording and analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports for Zoot’s subsidiaries and affiliates to determine or maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit, and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities.
The Accounting group within Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is primarily responsible for the proper, accurate, and timely processing and reporting of the financial transactions of Zoot Enterprises and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Essential Job Functions
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system and any other necessary systems.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave for employees.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from timesheets and other records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Review timesheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process payroll for multiple states and multiple entities.
- Issue employee direct deposits and paychecks as well as statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compute, prepare, and submit all required state, federal, and other payroll liability payments and reports, including all end-of-year W2 filing requirements.
- Coordinate all required software upgrades for the payroll processing systems for both the live and test environments.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the payroll processing system setup based upon current regulations.
- Assist in coordinating, developing, and maintaining a paperless payroll processing system and document retention system.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare and reconcile all required payroll journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assist in handling 401k plan matches.
- Assist in handling routine financial inquiries from both internal and external entities.
- Assist in the preparation of financial audit documents.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Assist with plans, designs, improvements, and enhancements to accounting processes, procedures, and systems to ensure strong internal controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with an emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors in Accounting or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of payroll experience supporting 50 + employees required.
- Previous in-depth experience with enterprise-level payroll system preferred
- Previous experience filing multi-state and year-end compliance reports preferred
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment that includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation and the ability to move around an office environment.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 5% of the time.
Zoot Benefits Include:
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Fitness, & Nutrition
For over 25 years, Zoot Enterprises has been a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition, and decision management solutions. Our customer-centric tools and services enable Zoot's clients to add value and differentiation while providing nimble, scalable solutions for specific business objectives.
A leader in the fintech industry, Zoot provides a cloud-based secure processing environment that delivers millisecond real-time decisions, accessing hundreds of cutting-edge data sources to help reduce risk and increase conversions.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.