Rocky Mountain Bank is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance-driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banker Team Lead II manages overall commercial activities that extend credit to bank customers. Additionally, lending, deposits, and treasury management department activities that extend credit to bank customers. Plans and implements sales of business banking products targeted toward the small-medium sized business. Monitors and maintains profitability.
This position has responsibility for individual and team goals regarding growing commercial deposits, loans, and fee income in a profitable manner. Administer the bank's business development strategy, cross-selling of clients, and development of centers of influence per company protocols. Ensures credit quality is at the forefront of all banker responsibilities and that policies are met and monitored. In addition to management, the Commercial Banker Team Lead II will be expected to maintain a loan portfolio of $50-75MM with complex relationships.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives the credit culture and monitors the quality of loan assets.
• Analyzes and screens loan requests for the commercial team and presents them to the loan committee for approval when the proposed loan is beyond lending authority.
• Manage large or complex commercial loans as needed, and counsel loan customers on loan management and beneficial financial strategies. Obtains new business/commercial banking relationships in accordance with Bank targets.
• Compiles and analyzes market research data to develop a list of prospects.
• Manages and oversees a commercial team for loan and deposit growth, loan yields, cost of funding, net interest margin, overhead expense, and fee income.
• Leads by example, communicates vision with a passion, and maintains the focus on mission and purpose consistent with the banking model
• Estimated 50% of time spent developing new business and managing a portfolio with 50% of time spent coaching and developing direct reports.
• Exhibits strong sales skills and personally leading the sales process, growing the bank, and actively engaging in the calling process for the development of business.
• Increases market share, dollar volume, and a number of accounts, as well as the depth and breadth of profitable customer relationships on the commercial side of the branch and maintains a positive bank image.
• Identifies and targets profitable market niches.
• Directs and participates in the development of centers of influence for direct and referral sales.
• Becomes a well-known and recognized community leader.
• Encourages bank-wide involvement of officers in key influential community organizations.
• Develops and implements overall bank financial performance to ensure growth and profitability while maintaining safety and soundness.
• Develops and shares information on local and national economics, as well as other concerns that would impact the bank’s lending activities.
• Establishes interest rate guidelines, fees, and other charges that are consistent with overall company and bank policies, competitive as well as profitable for the bank, and adjusted appropriately to show higher returns for higher credit risks.
• Makes recommendations on product improvements or changes, and acts as, or appoints product managers for all lending products.
1. Responsible for supervising 3-6 employees
2. Works with Heartland Financials recruitment team to hire, develop, mentor, and train exceptional personnel.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectation and performance
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Leverages tools to manage a team in successful pipeline management, credit quality, and ongoing policy and procedure adherence.
7. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department per the view process deadline.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required; Master’s degree preferred
• 7 to 10 years related experience in Banking, preferably in Commercial Banking
• 5+ years supervisory experience in banking. Proven ability to increase sales
• Experience managing a book of business
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong working knowledge of computer software applications. Including but not limited to Salesforce, nCino, and the Microsoft Suite
• Ability to delegate and lead by example and communicate the vision with a passion and maintaining the focus on mission and purpose consistent with the Heartland model