ATG Software Engineers are responsible for but are not limited to designing, developing, and implementing software solutions in cutting-edge software platforms in the Quote-To-Cash space. ATG Software Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to changing requirements, and creating application system models. Software Engineers are challenged to come up with solutions to complex business problems while working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with other skilled, talented, and motivated professionals.
- Build scaling tools: The demand for cloud CPQ and Billing solutions is difficult to keep up with; ATG maintains a competitive advantage by leveraging reusable tools and building domain knowledge. The tools you build and knowledge you share will be used by hundreds of employees every day (including you!) to enhance productivity, capability, and throughput.
- Participate in a small-team environment: You’ll be joining a team of incredibly smart and passionate engineers with a variety of impressive professional backgrounds (including Microsoft and Google).
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle.
- Previous Salesforce project experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Curious: Beyond understanding how something works, you want to understand why it works that way.
- Creative: You love to build and create, programming for you is as much art as it is science.
- Focused: You don’t give up when presented with a difficult problem and look for resourceful ways to overcome them.
- Efficient: You look for ways to enable you and your teams to reduce manual and redundant tasks.
- Excellent Communicator: You can clearly communicate complex ideas through written or verbal mediums to your teammates or clients.
- Team Oriented: You work actively to improve the skillsets and abilities of those around you.
- Apex: You’ve extended Salesforce’s functionality using Apex, creating triggers, Asynchronous Apex, and written Unit Tests.
- Visualforce: You’ve created Visualforce Pages, Components, and Apex Controllers.
- Lightning: You’ve built functionality atop the Lightning framework.
- Integrations: You’ve worked with external APIs and services, successfully integrating them with Salesforce.
- Certifications: You’ve received your Platform Developer 1, Platform Developer II, or B2C Commerce Developer certs.
- Salesforce CPQ and Billing: You’re familiar with Salesforce’s CPQ and Billing products and have worked with them before.
- Open Source: a big plus! You’ve written code and published it online or have contributed to open source projects.
- Fundamental programming concepts: Understanding of object-oriented programming, common data structures, and computational complexity.
- Version Control: You have experience contributing code to version-controlled (e.g. git) projects.
- Agile/Scrum: You have experience using these methodologies on projects.
- Teams: You have experience working in teams on engineering projects.
Experience in the following technologies are preferred (but not required): Salesforce CPQ, Salesforce Billing, Apttus CPQ, Apttus CLM, Gotransverse TRACT, Spring CM CLM, Conga CLM, and other related solutions, Xactly SPM solutions, Aria billing platform, Salesforce Communities, and Cloud Craze, Salesforce Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Zuora, Oracle Big Machines, Calidus Cloud Solutions, Netsuite, Mulesoft, and other SaaS/Cloud Q2C and related solutions
- 4-year degree in a technical or business field of study preferred
- Salesforce.com Certifications are a plus
- The accomplishment of the Salesforce Billing super badge highly desired
Location and Travel:
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
- Desired locations are ATG Delivery Centers, located in Missoula, MT, Cincinnati, OH, Overland Park, KS, or St. Louis, MO. However, for senior experienced professionals working virtual may be an option.
This position may require additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones, implementation deadlines, and the like. Hours and compensation for this position will vary depending on projects and experience.