If you are someone who would enjoy having three-day weekends every week and still hitting 40 hours, this is the job for you! Depending on experience, pay starts at $15/hour! Build on your hands-on skills in a supportive work environment! We're looking for a Press Operator!
- Perform typical printing press operations to support the production floor.
- Operate press machinery according to manufacturers and the company’s established guidelines.
- Accurately and precisely carry out detailed instructions from job tickets.
- Set up/adjust press for job runs to meet specifications.
- Ensure the highest quality product and monitor product for quality during job runs. Check the precision of detail against specifications.
- Mix inks and color matches to customer specifications.
- Mount printing plates, install cutting dies, hot stamp.
- Inspect labels while on press for printing defects, proper registration, and color consistency according to company standards.
- Assist QC inspector with inspection of labels prior to running productions to ensure labels meet all aspects of label specifications including text, colors, registration, foil, and emboss.
- Consult with the supervisor as necessary to question inconsistencies and discrepancies in label specifications including proper material footage, dies, colors, etc.
- Meet production schedule deadlines while maintaining efficiency and minimal waste.
- Complete accurately all related computer data entry and paperwork
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and perform routine maintenance on press machinery
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety standards and regulations.
- Assist elsewhere in the organization as needed.
TIER II SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently troubleshoot and correct most press operating problems incurred during normal press operations.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.
- Expertise in running multiple values and service (screen printing, booklets, foil stamping, adhesive print, multi-layer Bluestar).
- Ability to meet all the above responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience operating a printing press. Letterpress preferred, but all printing technologies considered.
- Basic understanding of color theory.
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and tolerate chemicals and inks used during the pressing process
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job including the use of hands/dexterity, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, lift, carry, push, pull, walk, sit; ability to lift 25 pounds throughout the shift and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds unassisted
- Must have excellent eyesight and accurate color perception, an eye for accuracy and detail, and strong proofreading skills
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on press machinery
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to learn the company’s software applications in a timely manner
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to build strong positive relationships with team members
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and cope with a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Wage: DOE starting at $15
Benefits: medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays, and generous PTO
Shift: Mon-Thurs, 3:00 pm - 1:00 am
For questions and answers, call or text Nate in our LC Staffing Kalispell office at 406-752-0191