Responsible for providing legal administrative support for two or more attorneys according to established policies and procedures as more fully set forth below. Also responsible to act as the firm’s office receptionist, with duties that include greeting clients, answering phones, accepting and recording deliveries, organizing meetings, and generally be the liaison between building services/vendors and the firm. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
· Prepares correspondence, memos, motions, subpoenas, and other legal documents as directed by an attorney(s).
· Keeps current with court fees, rules, and procedures for the filing and handling of documents with various court divisions.
· Knowledge and experience with e-filing procedures for both state and federal courts.
· Opens new files, requests conflict checks, and maintains all client and general files. Conducts periodic review for possible storage of older files; works with Record Supervisor on file destruction process.
· Reviews and edits bills; emails/mails bills to clients per attorney(s) instructions; answers client’s billing questions; coordination of payments from clients with accounting dept.
· Works closely with administrative support staff from all offices; proofs documents returned from word processing.
· Attends computer training courses when needed to enhance knowledge of programs to maintain proficiency in job performance.
· Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
· Receives and records deliveries to the firm and/or individuals in the firm and routes them accordingly.
· Coordinates meetings which may include ordering of food and beverages and other essentials.
· Maintains neatness of lobby and reception area.
· Reads, sorts, and dates incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to a specific delivery service and follow up on timely delivery.
· Approximately 3+ years legal secretarial and/or administrative experience in a legal environment; paralegal experience a plus.
· Ability to produce accurate legal documents and electronic filings with state and federal court systems consistent with firm protocols and practice.
· Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to re-prioritize tasks while working in a high-paced environment with time constraints.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and document management software systems
· Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical, or spelling errors.
· Excellent interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate in person, by email, telephone, and with visitors, attorneys, and staff to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
· Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain while producing a high volume of information performing other essential duties.
· Work occasionally requires irregular hours and/or more than 40 hours per week to perform essential duties of the position.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Typical start time: 8 AM
Typical end time: 5 PM
Ergonomic Workspace: Yes
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply
Work Remotely: No
This Job Is: