At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency, and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Compliance to join in building and scaling our compliance program at Figure. This role will own compliance oversight of the origination and marketing aspects of the following products: home equity line of credit, unsecured personal loan, payments application, debit card, and point of sale loans. You will collaborate with our product, engineering, operations, and marketing departments to ensure our products and marketing campaigns comply with applicable Federal and State regulations. This is a great opportunity to join a team building innovative products and enhancing the financial services industry through the use of blockchain technology.
What You’ll Do
- Provide day-to-day compliance support to product and operational groups focused on marketing, applications, underwriting, origination, and payments
- Research, communicate, and test compliance requirements for new or modified products or services
- Build and manage change management programs, including product/system changes and regulatory changes
- Oversee and/or conduct ongoing monitoring and testing related to the products identified above
- Review marketing materials such as prescreen direct mail, social media ads, television ads, radio ads, search engine marketing ads, disclosures, brochures, and forms to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including Fair Lending and UDAAP concerns
- Drive corrective action process, including collaborating across business units to resolve and document issues
- Administer Figure’s compliance training program for all employees, and deliver training to applicable departments as necessary
- Maintain existing policies and procedures and draft new policies and procedures as necessary
- Provide support for regulatory examinations, external audits, and third party diligence requests
- Work cross-functionally to gain a deeper understanding of other teams' processes and the impact of policy on their businesses
What We Look For
- 8+ years of experience in regulatory compliance at a bank, lending company, or government agency.
- Experience in lending, deposit, and payments compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions
- Proven ability to draft procedures and evaluate internal controls
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to address challenging issues while remaining objective and independent
- Ability to build technical processes and work with Product to provide compliance-related requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA – HMDA a plus
- Experience conducting compliance monitoring and testing
- Proven ability to take a project from start to finish
- Ability to handle several projects at once while staying organized, detail-oriented, and diligent
- Strong communication skills - Ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies, and issues to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Professional certifications such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) a plus
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance-based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understood the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.