Zoot Enterprises is currently accepting applications for a Software Developer to be located in our Billings, Montana office. The Software Developer position within Core Software Integration (CSI) Group at Zoot focuses on developing and software solutions to perform integration and back-end processes that manipulate, analyze, and transport sensitive data in a secure, distributed environment.
The CSI Team within Zoot is responsible for designing, developing, and documenting the software for integrating Zoot’s tools including monitoring, consolidation, archiving, deployment and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Use Zoot Tools and services to design, develop, and maintain client software in accordance with internal or external client specifications, following general Zoot programming practices and procedures. The primary programing language used by the CSI Team is python.
- Analyze and fully understand project requirements to formulate and implement programmatic solutions that efficiently and effectively address said requirements.
- Test and verify code to ensure that it meets specifications and requirements.
- Monitor functioning of the software and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications and solve production issues arising from any software troubles.
- Develop an understanding of Zoot systems, their dependencies, relationships, and transport mechanisms to ensure that project code is fully integrated with other aspects of a platform (criteria, decision engine, messaging, LOS, web, TB, etc).
- Develop an understanding of Zoot’s distributed system, development process, transaction flow, credit processing business, company structure, internal tools, and related rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Provide technical support, training, and documentation to the Information Technology team and auxiliary departments.
- Assist with evaluating and recommending IT solutions, products, and services.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Respond to requests to assist in critical problem resolution, including after-hours support needs.
- Utilize ticketing system to track defects and requested enhancements.
- Use Change Management/Release Management processes to develop and deploy code and/or functionality to the production environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement software replacements or upgrades.
- Track billable time per client project on a client project on a monthly basis.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with an emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Education, Training, & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the technology field.
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position may require to travel up to 10% of the time.
- The IT Software Developer position is fast-paced and ever-changing and requires one to regularly manage changing priorities.
- Occasional nighttime and weekend work is required within this position.
Zoot Benefits Include:
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman & Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Private Sports Park
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition, and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with the influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers, and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, MT, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community, and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office, and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
|Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org