High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
Terraform: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
A. Purpose and Scope of Position
The Cloud Engineer (Engineer) utilizes multiple technologies to support corporate systems. Installs, configures, and monitors Cloud and limited locally hosted systems and infrastructure. The Engineer also performs various maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure systems performance meets company and user requirements. The Engineer will participate in the implementation and maintenance of Microsoft Azure-hosted services.
B. Organizational Relationship
This position reports to the Cloud Operations Manager and is responsible for communicating effectively with other staff within and outside the corporate headquarters. This position is expected to maintain working relationships with all aspects of the Technology Department.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages virtual host performance, and stability
· Contributes to backup and disaster recovery planning
· Maintains the company’s Azure and O365 components
· Makes recommendations on changes in virtual hardware and systems configuration
· Creates and maintains existing documentation
· Analyzes and resolves configuration, and software problems.
· Interacts with vendors and service providers to resolve system related problems
· Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends new systems, software, and communications products
· Works with Development Team and the Support team to implement deployment pipelines within Azure DevOps and systems in O365.
D. Job Requirements
· Degree in computer science or a related field
· 1+ years of experience with cloud services implementation and maintenance
· Must have hands on experience/knowledge of Terraform and infrastructure as code
E. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experiences
· Strong understanding of MS Azure platform in a production setting
· Experience with Azure IaaS, PaaS, and O365 environments
· Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
· Participates as a team member in fully Scrum deliveries
· Ability to perform routine duties independently.
· Ability to use analytical skills and consult with existing documentation to troubleshoot issues affecting cloud services, systems, and applications.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate technical requirements and specifications.
· Knowledge of PowerShell and Linux shell scripting skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Impeccable attention to detail
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts WDS rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Wildfire Defense Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available: