Individuals must enroll in the Montana Registered Apprenticeship Program and have completed or working to complete the approved course work through Missoula College.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms; Customer solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software set up, power cycling equipment, assisting with navigating around application menus and troubleshooting email issues.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity (wired and wireless), email clients, VOIP and more.
- Research required information using available resources; Stay current with system information, changes and updates; Follow standard processes and procedures to provide a consistent response to the customer; escalate issues when appropriate.
- Re-direct problems to appropriate resource; Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proper phone etiquette.
- Communicate clear technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; where the customer and their needs are a primary focus, as to develop and sustain long term successful customer relationships.
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Speak and write clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar.
- Know relevant software computer applications and equipment.
- Understand customer service principles and practices.
- Effective listening skills.
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
- Have exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Be flexible and adapt to change.
- Self-starter and team player to accomplish work objectives.
- To clearly convey and receive information and ideas.
- Identify and understand complex issues, problems, and opportunities.
- De-escalate tense customer situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods.
- Work with appropriate time limits to resolve issues/find resolution.
- Provide stable job performance under pressure.
- Technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions.
- To work with diverse people, in diverse situations.
- Set high standards of performance for self and have accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Associates degree in related field and or two to three years of related work experience.
Physical and Other Requirements:
This position may require 8 to 10 hour days, flexible hours and some weekends.
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Blackfoot reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.