D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive engagement that make our companies and each of us better. Just as we work to improve our clients’ financial well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
D.A. Davidson is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the technical accounting team within the Finance department. You will be involved with the assessment and execution of technical accounting, preparation of the financial statements and footnotes, regulatory reporting, and Federal and state tax matters. This role will interact with members of other departments as well as with independent auditors and tax advisors to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with external standards.
Experience and Skills
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA license preferred but not required.
* A minimum of 3 years of work experience in public or private accounting.
* Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, and rules and regulations pertaining to financial reporting.
* Strong oral and written communications and human relation skills. Ability to communicate with both internal and external individuals in a clear and concise manner, and use appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
* Strong analytical and decision-making skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
* Ability to work effectively within strict time constraints, manage multiple tasks, be self-directed and reliable.
* Ability to work collaboratively as a member of the Finance team.
* Ability to follow policies and procedures, and maintain client confidentiality.
* Ability to function in an automated accounting environment with very strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
* Prepare the Company’s financial statements and GAAP footnote disclosures for annual audits.
* Interact with external auditors, manage audit requests, and prepare audit support.
* Prepare the Company’s weekly and monthly regulatory reporting requirements.
* Perform technical accounting research and prepare memorandums documenting conclusions and proper accounting treatment.
* Participate in the development of accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
* Support the implementation efforts for new accounting standards and reporting requirements, and participate in the assessment of proposed standards.
* Assist with accounting for income taxes, preparing quarterly tax provision and making quarterly tax payments.
* Prepare debt covenant calculations for the Company’s lending relationships.
* Support the Finance department on special projects and ad hoc activities, as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.