The Facilities Engineer is responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of Zoot’s headquarters in Bozeman, Montana. The position is responsible for maintaining the physical operations of Zoot’s properties at a high standard of quality, through a variety of tasks involving physical labor and general maintenance, specifically service and repair in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, machine servicing and electrical servicing, grounds maintenance in all seasons, and modifications to the building and its equipment. The position must also ensure optimal functioning of building’s systems (mechanical, heating and cooling, fire, elevator, etc.).
In conjunction with the President, the position is responsible for budgeting and scheduling facility modifications, including getting estimates on equipment, materials, labor, outside contractors, and other related costs. The position also has direct supervisory responsibility and is expected to direct daily tasks, provide regular performance feedback, encourage growth and development, and handle administrative tasks expected of a supervisor.
Because of the needs of Zoot’s 24-7 operation, this position does have an expectation of on-call availability to address urgent issues within reason.
The Facilities Group focuses on maintaining Zoot’s physical property, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, interior custodial upkeep, and exterior grounds maintenance.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform or direct work related to plumbing, carpentry, painting, machine servicing, electrical servicing, moving of offices and/or cubicles, and other related functions.
- Maintain the building’s systems and equipment, including but not limited to, HVAC, backup generators, and elevators, to ensure they are operating at a high level of efficiency.
- Help assess systems and equipment that have failed to determine repair and/or replacement options. Work to anticipate problems to building infrastructure and equipment before they arise.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance items are completed on schedule to minimize the occurrence of more serious problems.
- Develop and administer an annual maintenance budget to address preventative and unforeseen repairs. Purchase equipment and materials as needed for the work.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of building and skills knowledge to other members of the Facilities team.
- Ensure year-round grounds maintenance and snow removal occurs.
- Perform or direct skilled labor work and repairs. Ensure that appropriate licenses/certifications are held by self, staff, or contractors.
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations and any applicable federal, state, or local laws are followed when completing work, procuring or installing new materials or equipment, and disposing of waste materials.
- Ensure the facility has proper licensing with appropriate authorities.
- Assist with facilities maintenance at other Zoot-owned properties as needed.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of previous facilities maintenance experience required.
- Previous hands-on experience working with HVAC systems, refrigeration, general contractor type work, or minor electrical and plumbing in a commercial setting highly preferred.
- Other relevant skilled trades experience or certifications highly preferred.
- Previous personnel or facilities-related project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards required.
- Ability to utilize a computer and basic productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Possess or the ability to obtain a State of Montana Low Pressure Boiler License required.
- Licensing in refrigeration preferred.
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of activity including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing stairs all day.
- This position will be required to lift up to 70lbs.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting, but with significant time spent in an industrial setting or outdoors.
- This position will require travel 10% of the time.
- The Facilities Engineer position requires flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- The Facilities Engineer positions can be shift work and business needs may require the Facilities Engineer to perform work outside of their normally scheduled hours and be on-call.
Zoot Benefits Include:
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, MT, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.