Zoot Enterprises is looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist. This position manages and executes the recruitment and onboarding of new employees in alignment with Zoot’s goals. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the position works with hiring managers to attract, screen, and hire the best talent for our open positions through efficient and effective sourcing and interviewing. This position represents Zoot to prospective employees and the external community and positively advocates for the Company and our opportunities throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
This role will be based in our Bozeman, Montana, headquarters and is not a remote position.
Zoot’s Human Resources team is responsible for developing strategies and executing initiatives that help the Company manage, value, and develop employees to achieve its goals. It is our desire to align the capacity and skills of all employees with the Company’s goals and objectives, while also promoting a culture and providing a workplace environment that supports Company growth and stability and makes Zoot the employer of choice in the places we operate.
Primary Job Functions
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of technical and non-technical positions that align with the business’ needs.
- Execute Zoot’s recruiting strategy to attract a diverse and highly qualified pool of candidates, develop new and creative ways that open up new sources of talent, and manage Zoot’s applicant tracking system to leverage its capabilities to manage the candidate pool effectively and provide prospective employees with an outstanding experience.
- Work with hiring managers to understand a position’s needs, develop job postings, post new positions, schedule and conduct interviews of prospective job candidates, and participate in the decision making process to hire new Zooters.
- Provide training to hiring managers and other employees to ensure effective interviewing techniques are utilized and compliance with legal aspects are followed.
- Manage and execute the employee onboarding process, coordinating with the HR team, managers, and other departments to provide an outstanding employee experience pre-hire and over their first six months.
- Help managers develop accurate and detailed job descriptions, while determining classification, exempt status, and salary. Manage annual job description review process to ensure accuracy and auditability.
- Assist with employee recognition efforts and ensure managers can utilize recognition tools easily and frequently.
- Assist with company-wide employee recognition efforts and events.
- Represent Zoot through participation in corporate and community social events, as appropriate.
- Ensure company compliance with federal, state, and local laws, including reporting requirements.
- Work effectively as a team member with the HR staff, management, and employees.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the HR team and Zoot.
- Works to achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
Minimum and Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, psychology, sociology, communications, or other closely related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working as a full-cycle recruiter or primary recruitment responsibilities within a Human Resources role, preferably in an organization with technical positions. In lieu of a four year degree, at least 5 years of experience working within the recruiting function.
- HRCI or SHRM certification preferred.
- Prior experience working within and managing an applicant tracking system.
- Accountability - Takes responsibility for tasks and projects as assigned; holds self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; accepts responsibility for mistakes.
- Action Oriented, Takes Initiative - Works hard every day, self-motivated; energized by both tasks expected of the role and new or challenging projects; willing to act even with minimal planning, however, doesn't act carelessly and takes responsibility for actions, whether end result is positive or negative; moves on to the next task or project without being asked or seeks out additional ways to help.
- Communication - Effective with the form(s) of communication that are applicable to a given role (oral, presentation, written); able to be detailed enough to show that the right work was done, yet succinct enough to effectively communicate data, opinions, or findings.
- Customer Focused and Service Oriented - Actively works to meet the expectations, requirements, or needs of internal and external customers; understands who their customer is; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Diplomatic - Tactful when sharing feedback with others, while still being honest; thinks before speaking; doesn't react emotionally when negative items are shared with them; speaks to others in a way that shows regard for their feelings; avoids making insensitive statements that may offend others.
- Drives for Results - Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving results that align with the plan; finds ways to complete tasks or projects, even in the face of adversity, and remains optimistic and driven to the end; looks for ways to improve performance all the time.
- Listens - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience and ability to hear people out; able to accurately restate the opinions of others to validate understanding, even if there is disagreement.
- Organization and Time Management - Able to manage multiple projects or tasks and adapt to changing priorities; effective and efficient with own time; able to bring resources (e.g. people, materials, processes, budget) together to get things done and uses them effectively; shows up on time and respects the time of others.
- Professionalism - Easy to approach and talk to; able to put others at ease, either naturally or due to self-awareness to adjust; warm, pleasant, and gracious; sensitive to and patient with the personalities of others; builds rapport by making people feel comfortable; works well with others; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; able to be candid with peers; solves problems in a way that minimizes negative impacts to others.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment, which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of working at a computer workstation, either sitting or standing.
- This position may require infrequent lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds, however equipment or other personnel are available to assist.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position may require travel 5% of the time, primarily to our Billings, Montana, office.
- Occasional work outside of regular work hours will be required.
Zoot Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman & Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.