Zoot Enterprises is currently seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician. The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a variety of tasks involving physical labor and general maintenance and is expected to be a "jack-of-all-trades" technician. This position is primarily responsible for providing service, maintenance, and repair of Zoot properties in the areas of HVAC, refrigeration, electrical servicing, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and machine servicing. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work closely with the Facilities Engineer to ensure optimal functioning of building systems (mechanical, heating, cooling, etc.).
The Facilities Group focuses on maintaining Zoot's physical property.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 7:00am to 3:00pm. at our Bozeman, Montana, headquarters.
Compensation dependent on education, experience and licensure.
Essential Job Functions
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- Help assess systems and equipment that have failed to determine repair and/or replacement options.
- Work to anticipate problems to building infrastructure and equipment before they arise.
- Adjust, connect, or disconnect wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand or power tools.
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Assemble and maintain physical structures using hand or power tools.
- Provide assistance in the adjustment, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Work closely with manager to gain knowledge in skilled work, including HVAC systems, and obtain proper licenses, if not already obtained.
- Provide backup support to Groundskeeper for ground maintenance and snow removal.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Certificate or Associate Degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Technology preferred.
- In lieu of degree or certificate, 4+ years of previous facilities maintenance experience including plumbing, electrical and refrigeration required.
- Previous experience with 3 phase power, direct digital control systems preferred.
- State of Montana Low Pressure Boiler License & Refrigeration License preferred or the ability to obtain licenses within 6 months of employment
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of activity including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing stairs all day.
- This position will be required to lift up to 70lbs.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 10% of the time.
- The Facilities Maintenance Technician position is ever changing and requires flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- Early morning work and some travel are required within the position.
- This position will be part of a rotating on-call schedule.
Zoot Benefits Include:
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman & Billings, Montana.
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, MT, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.