Engineering leader for Drone Co.
Skyfish.ai is one of the only American drone manufacturers and we are based in beautiful Missoula Montana. We are a small but talented and committed team.
Lead all electrical engineering activities within the company. Ensure all electrical engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with established policies and objectives.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Lead electrical engineering department
- Provide technical direction and leadership
- Teach preferred design practices.
- Define and promote standardized tools
- Promote design reuse.
- Review designs of team members for completeness, accuracy, cost, and compliance to specifications.
- Manage staff to meet division goals using outsourced resources as appropriate.
- Utilize Collaborative Life Cycle Management tools to track and manage work.
- Resolve priority conflicts within the department.
- Provide timely feedback to staff concerning their work.
- Participate in the annual review process for staff members.
- Recruit talented new staff as needed to meet objectives.
- Manage product development projects
- Review customer provided RFPs for technical content and feasibility.
- Estimate development efforts in terms of manpower, non-recurring and recurring costs, assumptions, risks and collateral benefits.
- Develop technical sections on proposals.
- Disclose ideas developed in the course of product development for the purpose of obtaining patents for the corporation. Participate in the patent application process.
- Investigate and resolve product failures
- Maintain products through out their life cycle
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 10+ years experience in electronic product design / development.
- 5+ years experience providing technical supervision and leadership.
- Knowledge of electrical, software, mechanical and systems interactions
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to apply knowledge effectively towards solving real problems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self motivated, quick learner, results-oriented and a clear focus on quality.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45.00 per hour
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings