PPC and MMS Business Controller
Applied Materials’ technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world. We are actively recruiting for a Business Controller to join our world class Finance Team in Kalispell Montana.
The PPC/MMS (Packaging Plating Cleans & Montana Manufacturing Services) business unit is a key driver of Applied Material’s growth strategy and is a key element in its strategic position in the semiconductor equipment market.
The PPC/MMS Business Controller will serve as the Business Unit CFO and actively manage Profit and Loss (P&L), Cash Flow, and Balance sheet accounts. The role involves all aspects of financial leadership – FP&A, accounting, internal controls, inorganic growth, facilities, manufacturing finance, operating expenses, portfolio analysis, and new product development finance. The position plays a key role in driving profitability of existing and new products and delivering financial results for the business unit and corporation.
- As a key member of the BU General Manager’s team, the BU CFO will be involved in all aspects of the business: full P&L and Balance Sheet ownership.
- On-site finance leader providing manufacturing support for two growing businesses, PPC and MMS, managing a finance team responsible for:
- Deliver financial forecasts and metrics vs. goals for the PPC and MMS business units, aligning bookings, revenue, cost of goods sold, and operating expenses across the business unit.
- Present financial results, forecasts, and strategic plans to senior leadership
Financial support for the BU GM and key operating business partners including:
Analysis of commercial deals to maximize value capture for the BU.
Ensure R&D portfolio planning is aligned with long-term strategic growth plans. Provide framework and partner with BU GM to prioritize investments based on ROI metrics.
New product financial analyses including spending to targets, gross margin roadmaps, and progress to financial goals.
Support business partners, driving headcount, spending, and capital expenses to goals.
Financial modeling and consulting on inorganic growth opportunities.
Preparation and analyses of annual long-term, strategic financial goals aligned with business roadmaps.
Lead quarterly financial close and forecast activities, including adherence to ASC606 revenue recognition, reserve adequacy, and build plan forecasting
- Requires technical understanding of cost accounting systems, willingness to perform tactical activities in support of departmental and organizational goals, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written skills, and ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment.
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.