The Marketing Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of all projects within the Marketing and Communications department. This position works closely with internal and external department colleagues to create and complete timely and impactful projects. The Marketing Project Manager organizes and tracks deadlines and project workload for marketing colleagues and assists with the communication of project types that marketing can and cannot assist with. This position is also responsible for carrying the organization’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into dealing with colleagues, customers, clients and carriers in accordance with the Core Values of Accountability, Balance, Excellence, Integrity, Humanity and Respect.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Primarily works to keep marketing-related projects running smoothly, on time and mitigates complications. Effectively oversees the conception of an idea, all the way up to execution and follow-up. It's the job of the Marketing Project Manager to reduce the number of variables that can disrupt a project.
- Have a big picture view of the project at hand, how it affects the company and the department's workload and processes.
- Offer advice and assistance in speeding up processes to aid in the time completion of the project itself.
- Suggest new software or services that can enhance or speed up an area of a project when necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote the company's brand or product.
- Supervise marketing projects, assigning tasks, overseeing work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Partner to create advertisements and marketing campaigns to reach potential customers.
- Work to establish metrics to understand a project's effectiveness.
- Cooperatively work with marketing team and other internal departments to create various sales aids including sales welcome packets, employee benefit brochures and others as determined.
- Assist in the development and fulfillment of the company brand by working with the Managing Director on creative and diverse marketing efforts. Work to enforce brand marketing guidelines in trademarks, logos and publications and quality brand communications.
- Conduct market analysis and monitor industry trends that may outline new marketing opportunities.
- Closely monitor use of outside visual assets to ensure proper use as not to violate state and federal copyright laws.
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives and support core values.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
THE PERSON WE’RE SEARCHING FOR
- You’re a project management mastermind. You’re a highly skilled leader who can pull together all the stakeholders in the project and lead the team to completion of their goals. Also, we require you to hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or media or have proven relevant experience. Experience with Wordpress, Sharepoint, and InDesign software is preferred. You have strong knowledge and understand of current marketing trends including digital media and video is preferred.
- You see the big picture and you never not lose sight of it. You can break down large goals into smaller, more manageable parts, and are able to focus on necessary details without becoming bogged down with small, irrelevant issues. You have a wide degree of creativity and latitude. You see the forest and the trees at same time.
- You possess the talent to distinguish between what's essential and what is not. You find alternate solutions to problems that occur and you know when it's time to cut your losses and abandon a strategy when it's not working.
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You’re thorough, detail-oriented and extremely organized. You have strong writing, editing, proofreading, professional printing/publishing skills, including ability to present concepts visually and verbally.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days. Being a helpful colleague is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- Team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete. You are self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity, humanity and respect
A competitive compensation package, a potential for profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave and paid time off to volunteer within the community. Also- we’re committed to a diverse workplace and a good work-life balance and offer a great career path with room for growth. We take pride in providing our colleagues with opportunities for career growth across all lines of business and function.
We think we’ve developed a pretty great work culture. We got to where we are today through collaboration, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to doing what’s right. We strive for continuous improvement and excellence in our industry and our communities. We respect quality of life and nurture a balanced personal and professional environment. We treat our clients, colleagues and communities with fairness, decency and good citizenship.