Fisher’s mission is to make our customers extremely happy through technology offerings and services that maximize business efficiency and performance. And we do all that while having a great time and loving our work. Fisher's Technology has been selected as one of the “Best Places to Work in Idaho” for the last thirteen years.
Fisher’s is Idaho, Montana, and Washington’s leading provider of technology to help businesses perform at the top of their game. We manage IT environments (servers, cloud environments, network equipment, computers, mobile devices, applications, Cloud, VoIP, and internet services), sell and service office equipment (from Canon, Konica Minolta, HP, OCE and many others), and streamline business operations with electronic document management and related software solutions. Learn more at www.fisherstech.com.
Fisher’s is seeking a qualified individual to fill our IT Engineer position. IT Engineers are responsible for fielding all technical escalations from other support staff, managing customer issues, mentoring and guiding customer support representatives. Candidate should be a highly knowledgeable in enterprise storage, virtualization, server and email technologies. Working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot all major line of business applications.
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Handle IT ticket escalations and strive to close tickets at first attempt.
- Maintain disaster recovery, backup and security strategies for customers.
- Ensure that assigned Maintenance Work Orders are updated daily and customer notified.
- Manage your time effectively, plan for afterhours work and weekend work effectively. Enter time in CRM.
- Develop, implement, and analyze technical products and systems.
- Engage other Project Engineers and IT Field Techs when needed. Follow up with them as the customer advocate.
- Document each solution well. Keep up documentation processes in all things.
- Communicate effectively with service department employees and ensure positive environment.
- Be sensitive to customer needs when planning downtime and server restarts.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Meet and communicate regularly with team to discuss successes and struggles.
- Ensure productivity, inspect assigned work sites before work begins and at completion.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain inventory and accountability for tools, parts, test equipment and supplies used in the repair of network equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on selected equipment.
- Upgrade or replace hardware and software.
- Systems for both residential and commercial accounts.
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Respond to "after hours" emergency calls when needed and will be included in on call rotation schedule.
- Mentor and guide progress of other engineers and customer support representatives.
- Mentor and guide progress all TAC members.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ Years of technical experience in IT fieldwork.
- Must be familiar with current server management OS.
- Must have M365 and Azure experience. The more experience the better.
- MCSA or equivalent required (MCSE, CCNA or equivalent preferred).
- Must be friendly, patient and helpful to others. Must be comfortable as a mentor.
- Must be skilled and highly experienced with VMWare and Virtualization.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritize tasks on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of experience in installation and repair of computers, network equipment and components.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. frequently, 50 lbs. occasionally and 50+ lbs. with assistance
- Must have knowledge and understanding of computer and server (Network) hardware and software systems
- Must be able to maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems in most servers
- Appropriate alternatives to above qualifications as the Service Manager may find appropriate and acceptable
- Must be experienced and competent with Routing, Switching and other needed network hardware and networking processes.