The Director of Client Services is a key position for providing strategic thinking & planning, leadership, support and direct management for various teams within Client Services. This position will directly manage resources that work with, and support, other teams within Client Services on a daily basis. These teams include project management oversight of our mid-tier implementations, client onboarding and nurture for our higher volume nonprofit-based business, execution of professional services data migrations across all product lines, and oversight of our Client Success Associate (CSA) team which also works across all product lines and also interfaces deeply with our Client Success Managers (CSM) as well as Support.
- Manage key performance indicators (KPIs) – motivate team to focus on key deliverables: Execution and maintenance of scalable client implementations for various onboarding methods; Operational alignment with client success and client support teams; deliver Professional Services data migrations; engage in Client Services special projects and cross-functional deliverables.
- Establish, track, analyze and report metrics aligned with VP of Client Services goals for client satisfaction and retention
- Manage the business – looking 6-18+ months in advance, proactively assess and strategically plan departmental needs, budgets and actual expenses
- Meet 1:1 with mid-level manager direct reports (3) and project managers (4) and support respective team members.
- Collaborate with VP of Client Services,direct reports and cross-functional team members as needed – ensure ongoing alignment and goal achievement, communicate issues and raise visibility, address concerns and questions in a timely manner
- Continuously work to improve processes – drive process evolution, consult frequently with team members, be open to new ideas and support independent thinking, capture and organize ideas into actionable tasks to gain efficiencies, scale and improve customer service
- Oversee strategy and delivery of onboarding and training solutions that can scale to support a high volume of Foundant nonprofit clients in their journey to product adoption.
- Oversee the client lifecycle to ensure a successful onboarding experience of Foundant products
- Support Project Managers in the successful transition of clients from the Sales Team to ensure the continuation of a strong client relationship
- Mitigate blockers for the Client Services team
- Support all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience
- Ensure all processes and best practices have been implemented and are understood by the team
- Keep abreast with Lean-Agile best practices and new trends
- Ability to plan, distribute, and monitor assignments and workloads
- Oversee and execute day-to-day operations – support daily needs (questions, problem solving opportunities, etc.) from team members
- Lead – be an example to others in how to execute best practices, deliver exceptional support throughout Client Services and Foundant and be complete in everything we do
- Identify appropriate team member(s) for specific tasks
- Motivate, develop and coach – guide team members on their continued growth and professional development through regular one-on-one meetings; be accessible and inspire all direct reports and teams; recognize and utilize strengths of team members and provide recognition as appropriate; evaluate and provide feedback on performance
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are in place and interview and hire for open needs accordingly
- Talent succession planning
- Lead and navigate client relationships at each step of their journey to ensure we maintain above average renewal rates (95%+)
- Build and maintain ongoing knowledge of clients to understand overall satisfaction levels related to software usage, software functionality and value they receive from Foundant.
- Gain and maintain general knowledge of Foundant products
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other leaders across the company to drive success for our customers and Foundant
- 10 + years’ experience coaching and mentoring in a leadership role over client success/account management, and/or client/technical support teams at a SaaS company
- Strong strategic thinking abilities and demonstrated success leading teams in executing established strategies
- Assure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all aspects of client onboarding and implementation
- Ability to see the big picture and provide a continuous improvement mindset with processes
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to demonstrate leadership style, supported by clear strategies with a strong focus on results while keeping team involvement and collaboration at the heart of every interaction
- Proven ability to build and manage strong teams with a focus on meeting organizational goals
- Ability to rapidly think through various issues and respond in an appropriate and articulate manner