If having a rewarding career where you do meaningful work, meet great people, get involved in the community and have fun doing it is what you're after, look no further and keep on reading!
Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. (Jackson) offers superior General Contracting, Construction Management and Design-Build services. Established in 2000, Jackson has quickly become a regional general contractor employed by local, state, and federal agencies as well as private clients. We provide a highly technical and sophisticated construction management service while operating on a local and personal level.
We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by combining capabilities and know-how found in large construction companies with the responsiveness of a small company. We have the size and resources to tackle a broad range of projects in different market sectors including Education, Commercial, Public/Government, Healthcare/Labs, Civil/Transportation and Residential. Our expertise covers the full range of construction services allowing us to oversee a project from inception through warranty.
We currently employ nearly 300 employees across Montana and Washington with offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Miles City, MT and Walla Walla and Spokane, WA. At Jackson, we are in an exciting time of growth but also take pride in maintaining our culture and values consisting of safety, communication, quality, integrity and pride, not necessarily in that order. To do that we encourage all of our employees to build relationships through honest, open-minded and effective communication, pursue learning, growth and self-improvement, complete everything with a pride of ownership and create a positive work-life balance.
The Project Manager is responsible to provide day to day oversight of the entire project. Roles and duties will vary depending on the size and complexity of the project but overall, the Project Manager, along with the Project Superintendent, will be responsible for the project’s performance regarding safety, schedule, quality, reputation and cost. It is the Project Manager’s responsibility to understand and deliver Jackson Contractor Group’s (Jackson) contractual obligations in a manner that is consistent with Jackson's corporate culture and core values.
- Maintain cost and contract control by managing the job cost and change orders, understanding contract language and risk, preparing pay applications, processing budget adjustments, collaborating with the project team on the monthly project status report and understanding insurance and bonding requirements.
- Create and maintain a monthly CPM schedule including developing schedule recovery tactics and improvements, as necessary.
- Lead the buyout process with development of subcontract agreements and purchase orders. Manage the overall procurement and document control processes.
- Perform weekly project staff, subcontractor and/or Owner meetings to review pertinent information.
- Ensure that safety and quality control are incorporated into job planning and execution.
- Participate in and/or facilitate the pre-construction process by preparing estimates, creating bid packages, performing subcontractor/supplier outreach, executing bid day analysis and participating in and/or leading bid teams.
- Capture work by participating in proposals, project interviews, networking and business development outreach.
- Lead and develop project staff with training, personal development and promoting accountability with all team members.
- Handle all interactions with coworkers, subcontractors, clients, the public, etc. in a manner designed to build and maintain long term relationships.
- Go the extra mile to ensure the project is successful and with complete satisfaction of the client by double checking all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Complete all tasks with a pride of ownership.
- Never stop improving by initiating personal development strategies and suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, punctuality and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Experience & Skills Desired
- 3-plus years’ experience supervising commercial construction projects.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university or college in a related field of construction or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to read and understand project documents such as plans, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Must be able to understand labor, material and subcontract costs and the ability to analyze reports to effectively manage projects.
- Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- ASTA PowerProject
Certificates & Licenses
- Montana SWPPP/Washington CESCL certification is encouraged
- OSHA 30 training is encouraged
- LEED GA or other LEED certification is encouraged
- Lean training/certification is encouraged
- Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. is a member of the Montana Contractor's Association, providing 100% employer paid retirement plan and health insurance for employees and their family, short-term disability, and 401k.
- Benefits also include additional short-term disability, long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off and much more! To see all benefits offered, please refer to our Careers page.