If having a rewarding career where you do meaningful work, meet great people, get involved in the community and have fun doing it is what you're after, look no further and keep on reading!
Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. (Jackson) offers superior General Contracting, Construction Management and Design-Build services. Established in 2000, Jackson has quickly become a regional general contractor employed by local, state, and federal agencies as well as private clients. We provide a highly technical and sophisticated construction management service while operating on a local and personal level.
We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by combining capabilities and know-how found in large construction companies with the responsiveness of a small company. We have the size and resources to tackle a broad range of projects in different market sectors including Education, Commercial, Public/Government, Healthcare/Labs, Civil/Transportation and Residential. Our expertise covers the full range of construction services allowing us to oversee a project from inception through warranty.
We currently employ nearly 300 employees across Montana and Washington with offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Miles City, MT and Walla Walla and Spokane, WA. At Jackson, we are in an exciting time of growth but also take pride in maintaining our culture and values consisting of safety, communication, quality, integrity and pride, not necessarily in that order. To do that we encourage all of our employees to build relationships through honest, open-minded and effective communication, pursue learning, growth and self-improvement, complete everything with a pride of ownership and create a positive work-life balance.
The Project Superintendent is responsible to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, it is the Project Superintendent’s responsibility to understand and deliver Jackson Contractor Group’s (Jackson) contractual obligations in a manner that is consistent with Jackson’s corporate culture and core values.
- Examine and understand the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations. Ensure all required permits or licenses have been obtained. Create detailed and accurate daily reports including receiving and reviewing the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed. Update, review and approve, on a weekly basis, all as-built drawings and project documents.
- Create and maintain a monthly CPM schedule including developing schedule recovery tactics and improvements, as necessary. Maintain project phasing plans and schedules to ensure craft, subcontractors and vendors understand the workflow and sequences required to the project milestone dates.
- Develop, plan and implement, with the project team, all safety, quality control procedures, jobsite security, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower requirements.
- Inspect, coordinate, direct and manage the activities of the subcontractors, suppliers and Jackson’s self-perform labor and material.
- Review and approve the percent complete/pay request applications submitted monthly by Subcontractor and vendors. Review and manage self-performed work.
- Perform weekly project staff, self-perform, subcontractor and/or Owner meetings to review pertinent information.
- Lead and develop project staff and craft with training, personal development and promoting accountability with all team members.
- Capture work by participating in proposals, project interviews, networking and business development outreach.
- Handle all interactions with coworkers, subcontractors, clients, the public, etc. in a manner designed to build and maintain long term relationships.
- Go the extra mile to ensure the project is successful and with complete satisfaction of the client by double checking all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Complete all tasks with a pride of ownership.
- Never stop improving by initiating personal development strategies and suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, punctuality and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Experience & Skills Desired
- 5-plus years’ experience supervising commercial construction projects.
- Must be able to read and understand project documents such as plans, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Must be able to understand labor, material and subcontract costs and the ability to analyze reports to effectively manage projects.
- Have experience managing subcontractors and self-perform labor forces.
- Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- ASTA PowerProject
Certificates & Licenses
- Montana SWPPP/Washington CESCL certification is encouraged
- OSHA 30 training is encouraged
- LEED GA or other LEED certification is encouraged
- Lean training/certification is encouraged
- Current CPR/AED certificate
- Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. is a member of the Montana Contractor's Association, providing 100% employer paid retirement plan and health insurance for employees and their family, short-term disability, and 401k.
- Benefits also include additional short-term disability, long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off and much more! To see all benefits offered, please refer to our Careers page.