SENIOR C++ DEVELOPER
Advanced Electronic Designs, Inc. (AED) is a progressive technology and product development company located in Bozeman, MT. We provide engineering and product development services for a wide range of industries including medical, military (Department of Defense), instrumentation, and entertainment. We are looking for a full-time Senior C++ Developer with a breadth of experience as identified below. Individuals who are self-starters with the ability to work with limited oversight are preferred. This job requires relocation to Bozeman, MT.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A fully competent developer and subject matter expert of the functional areas of assignments. Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of applicable experience with the following:
- Able to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems.
- Applies diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Demonstrates initiative and innovation in the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences or disciplines.
- Requires professional experience to assure competence as a professional. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Able to plan and develop engineering projects with unique or controversial problems and supervises a project team of engineers and technicians on assigned work.
- Technical responsibility for developing and interpreting specifications, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Involves exploration of a subject area, the definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and developing novel concepts and approaches to guarantee the successful completion of projects.
- Able to act as a liaison with individuals and disciplines within or outside the organization, with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters, and managing customer expectations. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience to be recognized as a technical expert. The level of supervision received is administrative, with assignments given in terms of general objectives and limits.
- This position will report to the FW and SW Department Leads; however, as a senior developer, the ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of a staff of engineers and technicians is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be able to pass a comprehensive background check due to the nature of AED’s projects and clients.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate high level of expertise in C and C++ (minimum 5 years experience).
- Visual C++ for PC based interface.
- C++ via GNU GCC for embedded systems and PC-Based Systems.
- Candidate should be familiar with both structured C and object-oriented C++ and be able to identify which constructs are appropriate for embedded systems.
- Candidate should be familiar with cross platform development.
- Demonstrable expertise developing in Linux.
- C#, Java or Python experience is a plus.
- Relational Database design and development is a plus.
- Comfortable with Ethernet communications using sockets – datagram, stream, and raw sockets in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Comfortable with USB HID and USB High Speed Interfaces is a plus.
- Able to architect an RTOS-based design is a plus.
- Can setup and manage advanced projects through to completion usually involving multiple SOC type devices.
- Can evaluate compilers / project environments.
- Understanding of low-level mechanics of how compilers and assemblers work is a plus.
- Can architect a system with multiple communication subsystems.
- Expect expertise in developing backend desktop and server software – GUI development optional.
- Advanced setup of revision control system and organize build systems.
- Able to navigate documentation systems and initiates technically accurate and concise content is recorded.
- Expected to debug in collaboration with customers.
- Reviews releases for small to large projects.
- Supervise data entry of project team members for accuracy and consistency. This includes design revisions documentation.
- Can lead project engineering efforts and interfaces with stakeholders.
- Keeps management apprised of project issues such as anticipated cost overruns, schedule delays or necessary technical changes.
- Interfaces with other developers and clients to coordinate specifications and design.
- Responsible for understanding and capturing customer requirements and using these to guide design efforts.
- Review validation procedures and results in order to sign off on specification compliance.
- Initiate necessary changes if unable to sign off as originally specified.
- Able to provide mentoring to junior FW and SW Engineers is a plus.
- Can coordinate engineering efforts, or supervise a project team of developers and technicians.
- Takes ownership of work to ensure all the agreed upon technical, schedule, and budgetary requirements are met.
DIRECT INQUIRIES TO:
Mark Henry / Chief Operating Officer