Zoot Enterprises is hiring a Systems Analyst. The Systems Analyst position supports the Problem Management team within the Zoot IT Service Delivery organization by providing analysis of Zoot's systems, isolating issues, making recommendations based on problem resolution, and proactive analysis of Zoot's core processes and configurations.
The Problem Management group within IT Service Delivery supports Zoot’s technical infrastructure by ensuring a supportable, reliable, and scalable environment of its clients.
This position will be based in our Bozeman or Billings, Montana, office. No remote work.
Primary Job Functions
- Deep understanding of Zoot's production systems and application processing as it relates to Zoot core processes and configurations.
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability
- Conduct required audits of Zoot's systems.
- Analyze the data sets from the audits to find abnormalities or defects in code or core processing and its configurations.
- Provide options and recommendations based on the analysis of data sets.
- Devise and test options to make existing Zoot systems meet new needs.
- Assist in the impact analysis of Zoot caused incidents.
- Assist in the implementation of solutions identified from Zoot Root Cause Analysis action items.
- Serve as the first escalation point in the troubleshooting, analysis and diagnosis of Zoot production issues.
- Serve as a primary escalation point for the diagnosis, and assignment of tickets above the capabilities of the Service Desk.
- Research, or assign out the research of these abnormalities, including network, core code base, Tools and Services, application and client transactional behavior.
- Evaluates the organization’s data processing needs and develops long term plans to meet business requirements.
- Reviews hardware and software configurations and makes suggestions for appropriate delivery and/or IT implementation.
- Familiar with the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Review current and forecast future system requirements and work closely with System Administration to develop recommendations for mitigation or optimization.
- Review current and forecast future component requirements and work closely with Zoot’s Tools and Services Teams to develop recommendations for mitigation or optimization.
- Review current and forecast future application requirements and work closely with client platform teams to develop recommendations for mitigation or optimization.
- Use and develop planning and analysis tools to aid in planning and reporting efforts.
- Research emerging technologies which may impact capacity planning efforts.
- Research common errors and develop solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Model “what if” scenarios to determine impacts of planned and proposed company goals the impact of the volume of demand on the infrastructure.
- Continuously enhance change initiatives and procedures by automation and procedural efficiencies.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Minimum education: High School Diploma. Preferred education: 2 or 4 year degree in a technology-related field.
- At least three years of professional work experience is required, preferably in an IT technical support/analysis role.
- Experience with database administration, Linux administration, scripting languages, and network analysis is required.
- Experience with Zoot systems, tools, and services is preferred.
Competencies That Are Critical For This Role
- Analytical Skills - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situations or problems; able to identify and define problems, collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions; extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified.
- Communication (Oral/Verbal) - Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; conveys and presents information appropriately for the needs of various audience groups.
- Communication (Written) - Communicates clearly and effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of various audience groups; able to get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Creativity and Innovation - Able to come up with unusual or clever ideas to solve a given problem or situation; develops creative ways to solve a problem and implements unusual and unprecedented solutions, processes, methods, systems, products, or services.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision; also able to make good decisions using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; decisions generally turn out to be correct/accurate when evaluated over time; is someone others can rely on for quality decisions.
- Technical Learning – Able to learn new knowledge and skills that apply to one's job duties; willing and able to learn on the fly; learns quickly when facing new problems; versatile and open to change; tries different solutions to try and find the right one; able to approach situations where learning needs to occur in order to successfully complete the task, but is able to quickly learn what's needed to accomplish it.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 0% of the time, although you may visit our office in Bozeman from time to time.
- Pager Duty is required.
Zoot's Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class as defined by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.