Zoot Enterprises is looking to hire an Applications Administrator. This position is responsible for the use and configuration of operational applications used internally by each employee in their respective job functions. The role is part of our Information Technology Corporate team, which is responsible for management, deployment, and upkeep of Zoot's internal tools, services, hardware, and software that enable employees to do their jobs.
The Information Technology team at Zoot, which includes the Corporate team and the Infrastructure team, is responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining the foundational information technology systems employed by the company to do business. This includes all aspects of the live hosting environment for our proprietary software as well as the desktop environments in use for each employee.
This position will be based at our Bozeman or Billings, Montana, office. No remote work.
Essential Job Functions
- Support and Administer Zoot's corporate applications, including, but not limited to workstation applications, user management applications (e.g. Active Directory, Crowd), business applications (e.g. Jira, Accounting), and communication applications (e.g. Email).
- Assist with evaluating and recommending IT solutions, products, and services.
- Work with other personnel/departments to analyze requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Maintain and administer deployment standards for OS builds, updates, and patch management.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and backups as necessary on servers.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of corporate applications.
- Provide technical support, training and documentation to the IT team and auxiliary departments.
- Respond to requests to assist in critical problem resolution, including after-hours support needs.
- Utilize ticketing system to track defects and requested enhancements
- Use Change Management and Release Management processes to make changes to the corporate environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement hardware and software replacements or upgrades; using automation where applicable.
- Participate in scheduled monthly maintenance windows.
- Track time on a daily basis that is required by accounting.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Competencies That Are Critical for This Role Include
- Analytical Skills - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situations or problems; able to identify and define problems, collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions; extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to cope with change; versatile; can shift gears as priorities or business needs change; able to act without having all of the answers; doesn't get frustrated when things are ambiguous; able to move on if situation necessitates it, even if other tasks/projects aren't complete; able to balance acting with uncertainty with risk.
- Detail Oriented - Able to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while showing concern for all areas involved; follows policies and procedures to accomplish the task.
- Management of Confidential Information – Collecting, recording, organizing and sorting through sensitive information and data, ensuring only the appropriate individuals receive access to the information.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and obstacles; able to set priorities for self and others, based on project needs and organizational goals.
- Process Oriented - Able to determine the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; utilizes existing processes effectively; knows how to organize or combine tasks that align with processes to make workflow efficient; looks to improve existing processes when appropriate.
- Quality Focused - Approaches tasks with attention to detail and a desire to get it right; reviews planning or requirements documents to ensure a thorough understanding of the deliverable; asks questions if uncertain; seeks feedback from others and isn't defensive in receiving it.
Experience and Education Requirements
- 2+ years of work experience providing technical support or in an IT administration role is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field is highly preferred.
- Prior experience working with or administering Atlassian products (e.g. Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo) is preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 0% of the time.
- This position is fast paced and ever changing and requires one to regularly manage changing priorities.
- Occasional on call, nighttime and/or weekend work is required within this position.
Zoot's Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes
- Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class as defined by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at email@example.com.