Skyfish is looking for an IT Specialist who will maintain and improve the technical systems of the company to ensure all employees have the technology they need to complete their work and the organization’s important files and information remain safe and intact. This will be a part-time position, working an average of 20-25 hours per week, depending on the workload.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Define and manage a configuration management process for network infrastructure.
- Design and implement new technology to modernize the network infrastructure.
- Manage network infrastructure, network firewalls and inline network security appliance to control and monitor access to the Skyfish network including VPN access.
- Implement security measures and ensure security and compliance standards are met.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of network infrastructure devices, external network connections and IP address subnets used on the Skyfish network.
- Manage telecommunication voice and data circuits including but not limited to VOIP systems.
- Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems
- Experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- Proficient in database programming and software installation
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good organization, time management and prioritization
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills