The Nonprofit Solutions Engineer will present Foundant Nonprofit solution offerings and architecture to prospects and customers. They will be responsible for evoking confidence in Foundant Nonprofit solution’s functionality and technology infrastructure and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. The Nonprofit Solutions Engineer will uncover business requirements, develop a solution sales strategy, and create and effectively demonstrate Foundant’s solutions that address customer requirements.
Post-sale, the Solutions Engineer will help ensure the smooth transition from Sales to Client Services for the implementation of Foundant’s solutions and the resulting business process transformation. The right candidate is customer focused and is driven to partner with our clients to achieve their strategic goals by digitally transforming their experiences.
SPECIFIC PRE-SALES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serving as a presales expert in Foundant solutions, including their architecture, functionality, industry application, and deployment methodologies in the philanthropic space
- Leading thorough discovery discussions with clients to understand both overt and latent pains
- Crafting alignment between the needs of a broad range of client constituents and the solutions Foundant offers
- Understanding the larger Foundant organization and knowing when to bring appropriate resources into the presales process
- Participating in sales meetings with customers and prospects, presenting the technical and administrative aspects of how our products, services, and/or solutions solve specific customer problems
- Developing and delivering custom presentations to key decision-makers to address their business issues and needs
- Expertly leading conversations regarding the value of Foundant’s solutions
- Maintaining industry, regulatory, trends, and competitive insight to bolster your reputation as a well-informed and trusted advisor
- Delivering exemplary presentations at Conferences, Workshops, Webinars, and internal company meetings
- Demonstrating the ability to deliver the technical features, competitive advantages, and business benefits of Foundant solutions
- Setting up product presentations and evaluation environments and overseeing evaluation process
SPECIFIC POST-SALES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage prospect and customer relationship and expectations by establishing open communication channels, setting and exceeding expectations, and providing extraordinary customer service
- Simultaneously assist with multiple projects, including communicating with team members to complete assigned work and escalating issues for resolution
- Assist in the creation and execution of change management plans to assist clients and their customers in the successful adoption of the Foundant solutions
- Help ensure we have adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Proven ability to communicate and drive execution, working seamlessly with other business groups
This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7+ years experience as a pre-sales engineer for a fundraising, CRM, accounting or financial software application, or similar experience within the philanthropic sector.
- Knowledge of, or experience in change management and business process reengineering methodologies
- Detail-oriented, well organized and driven in making a positive impact to the business, while leading and motivating others.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and influence and drive strategic decisions across the organization.
- Comfortable with heavy client contact and building relationships with clients
- In depth knowledge of accounting or demonstrable experience of accounting processes
- Proven ability to craft a solution and develop proposals and RFP responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
- Ability to create and maintain strong client relationships utilizing interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional demeanor
- Excellent presentation skills with a desire to constantly improve
- Desire to Travel: approximately 20-30% may be required
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related fields
- Understanding of internal workings and relationships of different sized Nonprofits
- Experience working with software used by nonprofits, for example Bloomerang, DonorPerfect, Blackbaud
- Experience working with/in the philanthropic sector, specifically with nonprofits